GoA, GoF, and States challenge ATF Universal Background Checks rule/Restrictions in Privatw .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Strick8

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    So as I understand it effective this coming Friday, 5/10, any private sale or trade between 2 BayouShooter members will fall under the new rule.

Also, as I understand it a seller/buyer/trade where the parties go to an FFL to complete the deal does NOT satisfy the seller’s responsibility, as the seller must 1) obtain an FFL AND 2) complete a background check. Although it would make sense that if the ATF’s real goal was to ensure all transferees undergo a background check the TRUE goal is to criminalize, as felons, as many gun owners as it can and thus confiscate their firearms.

This Friday. In 5 days. A board like BS is a great resource to the ATF in IDing honest folks who are selling/trading firearms. Let’s hope a TRO is issued by Friday. If you’re not already a member of GOA, the Second Amendment Foundation, or the Firearms Policy Coalition it may be time to sign up. Under the braces rule members were exempted from the rule pending final legal resolution.

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    So as I understand it effective this coming Friday, 5/10, any private sale or trade between 2 BayouShooter members will fall under the new rule.

Also, as I understand it a seller/buyer/trade where the parties go to an FFL to complete the deal does NOT satisfy the seller’s responsibility, as the seller must 1) obtain an FFL AND 2) complete a background check. Although it would make sense that if the ATF’s real goal was to ensure all transferees undergo a background check the TRUE goal is to criminalize, as felons, as many gun owners as it can and thus confiscate their firearms.

This Friday. In 5 days. A board like BS is a great resource to the ATF in IDing honest folks who are selling/trading firearms. Let’s hope a TRO is issued by Friday. If you’re not already a member of GOA, the Second Amendment Foundation, or the Firearms Policy Coalition it may be time to sign up. Under the braces rule members were exempted from the rule pending final legal resolution.

Correction: The Justice Department submitted its proposed rule to the Federal Register on 4/11, but it was not actually “published” until 4/19. So we don’t actually lose our rights until 5/20, NOT 5/10! WHOO HOO!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Correction: The Justice Department submitted its proposed rule to the Federal Register on 4/11, but it was not actually “published” until 4/19. So we don’t actually lose our rights until 5/20, NOT 5/10! WHOO HOO!!!
    Man Strick, I really don’t want to be the bubble buster here, but did you not read the retroactive clause in that rule?

Top Bottom