458 SOCOM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    This is version 2 I think of a customers gun that he bought from Marty. Started out with an A2 upper.
    I milled out a flat top and coated it in a light green, same as the mag.
    He took it out and was having feeding issues so back it came back. Reshaped and polished the feed ramps and talked him into letting me have my way with it coating wise. ( he was scared, hence the mono color in the first place)
    Daves458.jpg

He never bought the dang foam so I wrapped the stock. First time I'd done that. Just need to trim the tail at the butt pad.
    Barrels threaded for the can thats coming
    I seem to have lots of customers that will just give me a weapon and let me do whatever I want. Thats the way I like it.
    Enjoy
    DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

Not diggin the gas block so I'll either modify that one or just build a new one

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    too much into it, to sell it.. I want to kill something with it first.. it will be my goto rifle for the hunting season.. need to figure out sights or scope though.. then the expensive idea of sighting it in.. lol

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    gonna get a chucker and do the loading on it, have some barnes blue tips coming and gonna be a loading bazaar.. after we do something with the gas block, he wont let me take it out with the one I liked.. I have to get another.. lol the one on there makes his paint look ghetto and slumming..

James Cannon

May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    That's a hot gun man. Diggin the coating job on that.

Once I get a good hunting AR, rockmup, I know I'm gonna have to toss it your way. I'm also a fan of letting the artist do what he wants with just a general guideline for style. That's why the artist is an artist - because he knows what he's doing. Same with tattoos. If you're gonna get something you're gonna have to look at as much as a gun coating or a tattoo - you are better off letting the artist be an artist than trying to do the art for him and let him just copy it onto you/your gun.

Top Bottom