Pls CLOSE WTS: 2 of 3 Beretta .25's (B.R. area). 950 is SOLD, 418 is S/PF 12-21-2010

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    12-21-2010
    Mods pls close, as 950BS is SOLD and 418 is S/PF.
    If anyone wants to try to talk me out of the Mod 20, shoot me a PM or email :-)

AS OF 12-17-2010, the Beretta Mod. 20 is available again, as the sale fell through.
    Am putting up several Beretta .25 ACP pistols for sale:

BerettasDEC10018.jpg

1. Mod. 20 w/box, manual, spare mag ($250 OBO). AVAILABLE AGAIN! as of 12-17-2010

BerettasDEC10021.jpg

2. Mod. 950BS w/box, manual, spare mag (now $185 OBO, 12-15-2010)
    BerettasDEC10020.jpg

BerettasDEC10023.jpg

3. Mod. 418 Panther with original mag (now $210 OBO, 12-15-2010) S/PF to .colt45 on S&W Forum, 12-20-2010
    BerettasDEC10019.jpg

BerettasDEC10024.jpg

All are in fine shooting shape, although the finish on each shows wear. Estimate these guns are 90% finish, 100% function. I will sell any two of the three, and keep the third. Will consider serious offers. Prefer FTF in B.R. area, but will ship for $30 extra per gun.

First "I'll take it" buys it.

Please email me at danamangham@hotmail.com
    Workdays: dmangham@ebrschools.org --keep the wording neutral

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've fired a mag or two of Hornady XTPs and a few mags of FMJ. The buddy I bought it from fired a couple hundred rounds, I believe. He got it from someone else, so I can't estimate prior use. It locks up tight and shoots well, that's for sure. SN# PBR07982V, but I don't know what year of manufacture that translates into.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep, it's a nice piece and I enjoy it. All things being equal, it's the one of the three I'd select as my "keeper" for BUG/deep concealment duties, as the DA/SA and tip-up barrel are features I like a lot. All three are fine guns, however, with their own strong points, so I will be happy with any of the three. Selling the other two will help improve my shotgun situation, which is imperative due to a recent surge in burglaries in my rural area.

If you need more photos, just let me know--I accidentally failed to photograph the left side of the Mod 20, and that's where it has a scuff or wear on the slide--not bad really, but certainly not as clean as the right side. I'd still call it a 90% gun.

Should you decide to snag it, we can always link up at Cabela's in Gonzales. I've bought & sold several guns to guys from N.O. and meeting there has worked well. I always enjoy the chance to see what Cabela's has that I can't live without. . . . :-)

Last edited:

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A nice Mossberg 12 or 20 ga. "truck gun."

I've been a Mossberg fan for 15 years, and have bought a 20 ga. Special Purpose Mod. 500 6-shot for my "garage gun," and have a 6-shot Mod 500 Tactical 12 ga. with pistol grip on layaway, so first priority is to pay it off. (Will probably change it to full stock & use as primary HD gun.)

After that, I'm thinking a 20 or 12 ga. with pistol grip to have in my truck, in case I drive home at night and interrupt a carful of guys in my driveway, like I did about 3 weeks ago. Thing is, my current M-500 20 ga. Combo is set up with a scoped & rifled cantilever barrel for deer hunting, with a dual comb stock inbound from Mossberg, so I could transfer that gear onto the right gun & install a pistol grip & my 18.5" security barrel onto my current one, which could become the truck gun.

Long-winded, I know, but two bottom lines: I need cash for the layaway, but after that can be pretty flexible on creating a 12 or 20 ga. truck gun out of a M-500 or convert to M-590 for the house and use a M-500 for the truck. I really like Mossberg's array of accessories & options, plus the availability of aftermarket stuff.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    PS--you may have seen the Beretta Mod 84FS .380 I also have up for sale or trade. Between it & selling two of the .25's, I'll pay off the layaway and have plenty for truck gun, accessories, and ammo. . . .(I hope!)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Those are some nice guns. I've never shot pistol grips, How's the recoil on one of those with an 18" barrel 12 gauge? I have two remington 870s, one 28" mod choke for trap, and one 870 18" tactical 12 gauge. Never shot a Mossberg.

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The stock Mossberg pistol grip is a bear with 12 ga., and not fun for more than a few shots in 20 ga. From what I read, several options from Knoxx, Hogue and Pachmayr may go a very long way in making it play nicer with the firer, so I plan to install one. Also, in 12 ga., I plan to use Fiocchi reduced recoil buckshot or one of the US-made equivalents. Also, I'm about to try Peraklese (sp?) 20 ga. reduced recoil buckshot to see how it will work for my wife & daughters. (Thanks to Revolvergeek for passing info on that option to me.)

Personally, I see the PG shotgun as a sort of super-handgun, i.e. easy to store/conceal, accessible to grab in a hurry, and relatively short for close action or for checking out rooms in the house, i.e. the "bump in the night." For straight-up HD shootout against home invasion or something, I'd definitely prefer a stocked shotgun, but I see the pistol grip shotgun as filling a very useful niche.

I've owned Remingtons & love them, too, but benefited from the Mossberg's economical pricing some years ago when I got into several in a hurry to learn to shoot skeet. Initially concerned about their low price & forend rattle, I learned to hit 22-25 in a round of skeet with a plain-Jane M-500 20 ga., and never had a jam. And modern versions seem to have solved the rattle, to boot.

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Very good points, I'm going to have to try a pistol grip sometime. I use my 18" loaded with Federal 00 buck as my HD. I was very torn between the 870 and 500 when I bought my first shotgun, and for whatever reason (which I don't remember), I went with the 870. They are both very long production, proven, supported weapons. What home invasion issues have been occurring in your area?

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Luckily it's been burglaries, not home invasions, but I drove up as they were in front of my house. They've been hitting camps & isolated homes and fencing the stuff in N.O.

BTW, cmcaplan, I sent you a PM ref. the Mod. 20.

St.Francisville

Hardheaded Young'n
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Wilson, LA
    You think you could hold onto one of those until next Friday?
    I'm in St. Francisville with no car, and one of these is exactly what I've been looking for.
    I live right next to M&J's Grocery down on Angola road.

Last edited:

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hello St. Francisville,

Sure, if you will commit to buying one at the listed price this coming Friday (10 December) or Friday next week (17 December), just say "I'll take it and pay on that date." Make sense?

Let me know and I'll mark it Sold/Pending Funds. Which one suits you best? Your choice, but I have s.o. very interested in the 950BS, so I'd rather sell you one of the other two if possible.

Thanks,
    Dana

St.Francisville

Hardheaded Young'n
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Wilson, LA
    I'm leaning towards the Model 20. I can't get it this friday due to missing nearly all of last week of work do to illness. But next Friday (Dec 17th), I'll be able to.
    I'll agree to buy the Model 20 at your currently listed price on the 17th. Do you think you could throw some ammo my way for a few extra bucks? You just gotta be willing to drive out to M&J's due to my vehicle-less state.

Last edited:

LouisianaMan

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    St. Francisville,

BTW, if your avatar info is correct & you're not yet 21, I'll have to make the sale to parent, guardian, etc. State law says 18 for long guns and 21 for handguns. I was born in a different time, and bought a number of handguns before I was 18--seems like 16 was the law back then. . . ? But hey, back then my buddy and I could walk down Perkins Road with rifles on our shoulders and nobody worried about it--just two teenaged boys going out to plink at cans behind Olympia Field! These days, think "SWAT team"!! :-)

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    St. Francisville is right. Federal law states from an FFL you must be 21 to purchase a handgun and 18 to purchase a long weapon. In terms of private individual sales Federal law states you must be 18 to purchase any firearm.
    Louisiana law simply states you must be 18 to purchase a weapon. So unless LouisianaMan is an FFL, it's perfectly legal. http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78703

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom