4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, this isn't going away. In fact- look for it to get worse. :dogkeke: Everyone has a mobile device with a camera. Fact.

But you know how we sometimes talk about how- in so many words- 'you aren't going to solve a courtroom issue on the side of the highway'?

We aren't gonna solve this **** here, either. :)

Okay, back to the piefight. :thumbsup:

strangepie.jpg

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I went through a DWI checkpoint once, off of hwy 22 near stringer bridge road.

I rolled down the window, hello sir

Officer asked have you been drinking sir?

My answer is no sir. (I don't drink anyway)

Have a good night sir.

That was it. No other questions were asked or anything.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't even know how many I've been through. They've ranged from what Dishonored just said to being told aggressively to pull to the side (the guy was being aggressive to everyone he had to talk to, even if it was telling them to 'just go') and then told to get out of the car while they looked around inside with a flashlight and the mean mugged me and watched me like a hawk, staring at my eyes most of the time. That was probably the douchiest encounter I ever had with cops in general, ever. The two guys that 'handled me' were being pricks. I just didn't talk to them other than the briefest of answers to their questions, after they expressed their personalities. They must really hate doing check points or didn't like something about where/what they had to do - I dunno. Never really understood that one. Oh, and that's after I was already out of college, had a good job, had a very plain truck and didn't drive irresponsibly, no things, in hindsight, I think would get me profiled. /shrug

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    But aside from the other side of the story in the video, the cop bashing, the name calling, the topic drift in this thread, etc.; the questions on Constitutionality are still valid for debate.

These dumbasses that make these videos do so to stir the ****. The debate is there with or without their input.

On a side note, when these little douches make these videos and deliberately edit them to improve their POV's, it makes me want to club them. I hope this little f-head eventually gets that camera shoved up his ass.

I know and agree, I wasn't referring to the debate on constitutionality, I was referring to posts like #8.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know and agree, I wasn't referring to the debate on constitutionality, I was referring to posts like #8.

I suppose?!? I kind of wish some of these guys would elaborate or put forth at least some supporting argument on blanket statements. He may very well know some one that fits that description. But I guess we'll never know. :dunno:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I don't even know how many I've been through. They've ranged from what Dishonored just said to being told aggressively to pull to the side (the guy was being aggressive to everyone he had to talk to, even if it was telling them to 'just go') and then told to get out of the car while they looked around inside with a flashlight and the mean mugged me and watched me like a hawk, staring at my eyes most of the time. That was probably the douchiest encounter I ever had with cops in general, ever. The two guys that 'handled me' were being pricks. I just didn't talk to them other than the briefest of answers to their questions, after they expressed their personalities. They must really hate doing check points or didn't like something about where/what they had to do - I dunno. Never really understood that one. Oh, and that's after I was already out of college, had a good job, had a very plain truck and didn't drive irresponsibly, no things, in hindsight, I think would get me profiled. /shrug

Sadly a lot of insecure cops mistake being a prick for being authoritative. I always "mentor" rookies when I see them mistaking rudeness for Strength.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Sadly a lot of insecure cops mistake being a prick for being authoritative. I always "mentor" rookies when I see them mistaking rudeness for Strength.

Yea I'm sure it's a balance that comes with experience. Personally, I enjoy respectful country-type chivalry like, "Hey bud, how you doing today?" and I respect it as much as "How are you doing Sir?"

I'm sure there is also a means and method to being firm and when not to and all that jazz. I'm glad rooks are being taken care of and molded by folks like you and I'm sure Motor51 and several others here.
    Not sure how much people skills they learn from JR :rofl: just joking pal! but I know they probably know EXACTLY where he stands for sure ;)

Anyway it's good to hear.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Yea I'm sure it's a balance that comes with experience. Personally, I enjoy respectful country-type chivalry like, "Hey bud, how you doing today?" and I respect it as much as "How are you doing Sir?"

I'm sure there is also a means and method to being firm and when not to and all that jazz. I'm glad rooks are being taken care of and molded by folks like you and I'm sure Motor51 and several others here.
    Not sure how much people skills they learn from JR :rofl: just joking pal! but I know they probably know EXACTLY where he stands for sure ;)

Anyway it's good to hear.

I don't know VG personally, but I do know JR and Motor51 and they are both courteous, professional, respectful individuals. I would expect nothing less from VG.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

And I think that a good many of the people who post here and come off as being labeled cop bashers/haters may know some of them. Or at the very least, encountered them.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    And I think that a good many of the people who post here and come off as being labeled cop bashers/haters may know some of them. Or at the very least, encountered them.

I doubt it. I bet some people make these stories up. It's not like it's ever happened here...

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

OR people are butthurt because they can't manage to get away with their criminal activities or smoke weed and shoot guns. Stupid cops.

Since we're making assumptions...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Do you have nay empirical evidence to support this statement?

You know that I cannot answer for those folks. That's why I carefully chose the word "may". However, when I digest some of these post from some of those folks, I can't help but wonder; "Why would this guy start trashing a LEO, or tell of an overzealous LEO encounter, for no good reason?" "What's the end game?"

And you LEO's can't deny (as VG stated), there are not some douches out there. There are douches in EVERY profession.

I get that it gets tiring to hear people disparage your line of work or profession; welcome to the club! But I cannot blindly defend them in mine; because I know there are dumbasses in it.

Look, if a guy beats up on a cop because he is butthurt he got a ticket; he's a an a-hole! But not EVERY single one of you have the same level of professionalism. The odds in life wont allow it.

And for the record; the last encounter I had with an a-hole LEO was back in 1986. Jeffferson Parish Levee Cop. To this day, I do not know what their official role was down there; except for accepting tolls on the Causeway :D Two of them did beat my ass that night, though. :rofl:

These guys were JPSO wannabe's back then.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I doubt it. I bet some people make these stories up. It's not like it's ever happened here...

JR1572

I am not even kidding when I say, I would never understand why anyone would do that! Holy hell, if your life is that empty where you have to come on an online chat to pretend you live in a fantasy; yikes!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    OR people are butthurt because they can't manage to get away with their criminal activities or smoke weed and shoot guns. Stupid cops.

Since we're making assumptions...

I would lend a lot of credence to this assumption. I doubt you would get anyone to actually admit it. However, I thought I remembered one rare poster (I don't think he comes around anymore), admit this a year or so ago.

He told us all to get screwed before he left after that. :mamoru:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I believe that they are reasonable,

How can a seizure and search of myself and vehicle be considered "reasonable", if the stop itself was WITHOUT REASON? Isn't that, by definition, UNreasonable?

Simply put, I feel as though you don't have a right to drive(see licencing) and as such this is a requirement to maintain that privilege, just like purchasing insurance and passing a driving test.

I agree, driving is a privilege, i've not heard one person say otherwise. Of course driving on property you do not own is a privilege and subject to the terms of the property owner. In this case, licensing, insurance, and speed limit requirements, etc. BUT, we have the Inalienable Right to travel, free from unreasonable and suspicionless searches no matter if we are in the midst of carrying out a privilege or a Right.

MAIN POINT:

The beginning premise of a checkpoint is:

*Even though you are not suspected of ANY wrongdoing, you must get permission from the gov't official at the checkpoint to continue on with your day.

That is not freedom. That is anti innocent until proven guilty as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom