5 threads on Proposed Ammo bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008

a little bit more information than a link that has already been posted would be more helpful. Whats the current status of the legislation? Have any other news, info, grassroots action, websites, ect.? Not trying to kick you in the nuts here, but more information is needed. Dont hesitate sounding an alarm, or passing on information, but please be as thorough as you can, and follow up on it. Ignore the Princesses here that keep hoping Some Legislative knight in shining armor will come and save them from the dragons that are after their 2A cherry. Keep an eye out with constant vigilance.

MOFO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    La
    Ammunition Accountability

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the
    anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be
    encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what
    calibers.
    Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They
    will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or
    more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii,
    Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode
    Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for
    each state, go to:
    http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Here we go again.:doh:

You know, you might think this isnt important, but apparently the NRA does. Maybe you should check out what they're saying about it, because if this type of legislation gets a foothold anywhere, every gun owner is in for trouble. Im sure you have a valid reason for your dismissive comment, care to elaborate?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    this is the third time this topic has been posted. it is an important issue, but everyone on here bitches about it, then starts making jokes about it, then dismiss it. just like they do on every topic posted.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Yeah, you're right. It is the 3rd time, but wouldnt it be more constructive to suggest to people that re-post something, to find out more information, and current status of the situation, maybe ask them to track down more information after pointing them to the threads that discussed the issue before so it gives them an idea where to start? I would like to have up to date information, and I would also like to encourage people to contribute to the best of their ability, instead of treating them like they're being annoying. I mean heaven forbid some of the cool kids here get annoyed on "their" forum.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    from the initial post
    ...Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!...

Being that 99% of us are in Louisiana, and that it hasn't been introduced here, that is about all we can do. This is being introduced on a state by state basis, it's up to those citizens to fight it, all we can do is support them and fight it on our home turf if it's ever introduced here.
    I don't believe that it was ever being dismissed as unimportant, I'd just rather see updates on each states fight rather than the same letter over and over again.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Where Im at I cant seem to find any current information. I read a small report in NRA mag 1st Freedom that it died in committee, but I want to be sure. Im still trying to follow the money trail.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    i sent the link to my brother who lives in mobile, alabama and he has forwarded it to all his friends and co-workers and called his representatives and senators.

tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Ammunition Accountability Bill before Congress

Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters. Our group includes gun crime victims, industry representatives, law enforcement, public officials, public policy experts, and more. We are working together to pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality.

Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number. Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database. When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

Hmmmmm. I wonder. Read more about this at: http://ammunitionaccountability.org/default.asp
    :shocked:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    So has anyone pointed out to these mental midgets how easy it would be to collect lead from a firing range, clean it, litter a crime scene with it and watch the fun unfold?

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Or how about re-forming re-loading and re-firing undamaged lead collected from somewhere else?

Or how about getting some valid random numbers from the range, etc. and counterfeitting bullets?

Top Bottom