5 year permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    Vermont, Alaska and, recently, Arizona all do not require permits to carry concealed.

I may be misinterpreting the above, but if you are a resident of LA, your Arizona permit will not be recognized in LA after August 15, 2011.

I am a little confused by this post. If Arizona doesn't require a permit, How would his Arizona Permit not be recognized in LA after August 15, 2011?

Last edited:

turboneal

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    ^^^ Does Arizona allow it's citizens to get an in-state permit so they can have reciprocity and carry in other states, but not actually require a permit inside Arizona?

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    ^^^ Does Arizona allow it's citizens to get an in-state permit so they can have reciprocity and carry in other states, but not actually require a permit inside Arizona?

Arizona recently changed their laws so people still have permits that havent expired yet. I dont know if they are still offering permits for their residents to travel out of state though. Someone more informed may chime in.

EDIT: It seems Arizona offers permits for out of state residents. That must be what these guys are referring too.

Last edited:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    What most are refering to is that If you are a Louisiana resident, then you must have a Louisiana permit to be legal in Louisiana after said date. In regards to Arizona, they recently passed constitutional carry, no permit rquired by anyone in the state of Arizona, resident or not. Arizona will continue to conduct classes and issue permits for those residents wanting one for reciprocity with other states. The only change is that it is legal for anyone legal to posses a firearm to conceal in the state of Arizona.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I wanted a Florida permit in the event i transfer out of state for a promotion.

And that does not make sense due to LA permits being good in more places than a FL permit.

The fact is a FL permit is cheaper and takes less time and less information, as well as being for a longer period.

But is is not legal in as many places.

You cannot drive in LA with a license from another state once you move here. It is even a crime to do such. The law in FL is the same. If you move to FL, then you have to apply for a resident permit.

Now it is the same and those that spent money for their FL permits is out additional money.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    And LA still does not have reciprocity with NM while NM still recognized FL non-resident licenses (as of the last time I checked)...my reason for originally getting (and planning to continue to keep) a FL license instead of a LA license.

So, no violins needed--there were a helluva lot of good reasons for people to get FL licenses over LA licenses originally and still a few good reasons to keep them. The best reason being the bureaucratic crap this state plays in licensing procedures, extra fees, etc.

Best not move the NM then. Their Legislature is about to shut down the agreement to accept FL non resident permits as per their own legislative website.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    You are correct, You did not misinterpret the La. requirement.

Actually as I understand the law and the agreement, a permit from AZ will be honored in LA while the AZ resident is visiting in LA. Once they establish a valid residence here, then a permit from ANY state permit will not be valid.

Also those not having permits in AZ will not be allowed to carry in LA while visiting.

As I undertand though from those in control in Baton Rouge, an out of state permit will be honored for a short time while waiting for the resident permit to be approved.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    knguyen
    Top Bottom