500 New Louisiana Laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Anyone have the complete list?

Few listed here;
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/viewart/...siana-laws-take-effect-today?odyssey=nav|head

Most notably;
    the pirogue officially becomes Louisiana's state boat
    Selling dogs and cats along roadsides or at flea markets will be banned
    Abortion is banned 20 weeks after fertilization, except in limited medical cases where the mother's life is in danger. Also, Louisiana's ultrasound requirement for women seeking an abortion has been changed, with the sonogram mandated 24 hours before the procedure, rather than two hours. Doctors must offer women the ability to hear the fetal heartbeat before an abortion.
    Seventeen-year-olds, who previously needed six classroom training hours to get their license, must attend a 38-hour driver education course beginning today. The eight hours of driving instruction and 30 hours of classroom training are the same standards that had been required for 15- and 16-year-olds.
    Anyone trying to get a license for the first time has to have eight hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, under the new law.

Last edited:

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Wouldn't it be nice if our legislators would spend at least one session taking 500 laws off the books rather than adding 500 to it?
    How much money was spent making the pirogue the official boat or banning the sale of cats and dogs along road sides and flee markets. How the hell does this make anything any better.
    Or is it just me...?

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Wouldn't it be nice if our legislators would spend at least one session taking 500 laws off the books rather than adding 500 to it?
    How much money was spent making the pirogue the official boat or banning the sale of cats and dogs along road sides and flee markets. How the hell does this make anything any better.
    Or is it just me...?
    How indeed. And how many instant outlaws are walking around with 500 new laws? We are being governed to death

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Or is it just me...?

+1

G

gunguy11

Ok since you must get hours for a first time licensee.... Now you cannot get a job cause you can't drive. If you have a job and were working on getting your license you must now take off to do such hours. Risking unemployment because they don't need you. I see a major flaw in this nation.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Ok since you must get hours for a first time licensee.... Now you cannot get a job cause you can't drive. If you have a job and were working on getting your license you must now take off to do such hours. Risking unemployment because they don't need you. I see a major flaw in this nation.

You are thinking WAY too much into this. They offer classes everyday all week except Sundays. Unless you are working 7-12s I don't think its as big a problem as you think and this law pertains to 15-17 y/o's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    You are thinking WAY too much into this. They offer classes everyday all week except Sundays. Unless you are working 7-12s I don't think its as big a problem as you think and this law pertains to 15-17 y/o's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The big problem is not availability. The problem is requiring this in the first place. The DMV gives written and practical tests, and if you fail, you obviously didn't study or practice enough. If you read the booklet once, drive three times around the neighborhood, and demonstrate the proficiency and knowledge required to pass the tests, that should be sufficient. If the tests given and material presented for study are not adequate reflections of the skills and knowledge needed, then revamp the tests. If that subsequently causes potential drivers to have to study more and practice harder on their own in order to be able to pass, then fine. I don't think we should legislate this as a costly requirement (Driver's Ed is NOT free in high school, and it sure as hell isn't free from private companies that benefit from this) to saddle parents with and guarantee business to driving schools. If there are that many bad drivers on the road with licenses, maybe it's too easy for them to get a license in the first place. Make the requirements to pass stricter, don't just legislate that a certain amount of time has to be spent and paid for before the license is available. That doesn't guarantee a better driver, it just guarantee's they'll have less money in their pocket when they go to get their license.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Good thing our republican dominated state legislature is all about limited government!

Look on the bright side, new felons exist so we can lock up MORE PEOPLE! YAY!

Top Bottom