500 Shots!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    uh oh, I see where this thread is heading! I'm going make some popcorn before it gets really interesting/locked down.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    maybe he meant it could have prevented the 40 mile hour long chase?

24 of those miles were on a two lane bridge with heavy traffic. That contraption would have made things worse.

I've already heard multiple people ask why they didn't just block the foot of the Causeway, but I don't feel like explaining it ad nauseam.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    24 of those miles were on a two lane bridge with heavy traffic. That contraption would have made things worse.

I've already heard multiple people ask why they didn't just block the foot of the Causeway, but I don't feel like explaining it ad nauseam.

Didn't the chase start around 11:30 at night? I know my bud was on the scene till around 5:00am. Now I don't frequent the causeway between those hours. It's the traffic that heavy around midnight?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Didn't the chase start around 11:30 at night? I know my bud was on the scene till around 5:00am. Now I don't frequent the causeway between those hours. It's the traffic that heavy around midnight?

I've been in bumper to bumper traffic at all hours on the Causeway, but for the folks that are going to want to argue... No, I am unaware if the Causeway bridge was congested at the time of the chase on that particular night.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I've been in bumper to bumper traffic at all hours on the Causeway, but for the folks that are going to want to argue... No, I am unaware if the Causeway bridge was congested at the time of the chase on that particular night.

Come on man seemed like you had all the answers and now you don't want to play anymore. :D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They fired 500 rounds and got 3 hits. So, I would say the answer to the "why did they need to fire that many rounds" question is...because obviously they needed to. Looking at the pics of the truck, you can see the rounds were coming in at an angle that was a disadvantage to the officers. Bullets do strange and unpredictable things when they hit a vehicle, especially when you start adding angles to the mix.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They fired 500 rounds and got 3 hits. So, I would say the answer to the "why did they need to fire that many rounds" question is...because obviously they needed to. Looking at the pics of the truck, you can see the rounds were coming in at an angle that was a disadvantage to the officers. Bullets do strange and unpredictable things when they hit a vehicle, especially when you start adding angles to the mix.

IIRC, he was hiding himself under the dashboard. The engine block/bay most likely stopped a large portion of those rounds.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

This.

So glad I was off that night.

JR1572

Top Bottom