Guns, Next week only

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'll be home for Spring Break next week, so if ya'll want em, get them then.
    Need to know by Monday.

Imbel Recievered FAL... with Bipod
    $875

NEW Red Jacket Romanian Underfolder (7.62x39)
    $850

Sporterised .303 Enfield with scope and sling
    $225

Unfired 870 Police
    $400

NEW Red Jacket 5.45x39 Krink with Left side folder, and fake can attached to prevent it from being a SBR
    $1850

NEW Red Jacket Matching Yugo Krink (7.62x39 underfolder)
    Matching Numbers, Matching Serial Numbered reciever, minty, also with fake can installed...
    $2,000

Colt Detective special:
    Very worn, but typical 'cop gun' locks up tight.
    $350

As always, open to trades.
    -Oh, if anyone has any Leatherman waves... I need 4 of them. Otherwise, same as always, Glocks, Smiths, whatever catches my eye...

Now lets see if I can post a pic in this new format...

Attachments

• Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 017 30%.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 017 30%.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 422
    • M92 Krink 001 Resized.jpg
      M92 Krink 001 Resized.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 222
    • Colt Dick for sale 005.jpg
      Colt Dick for sale 005.jpg
      204.9 KB · Views: 174

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Clean out your INBOX!

I'm a go for the original deal we discussed.

Send me a PM when you empty your box and I'll send a pic of the goods. :D

Last edited:

thintheherd

always lookn buy & trade
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    new orleans
    hello I was wondering if you are intrested in any trading if so I have a rock river ar15 pistol outfited out with rail system red/green dot scope , laser, tactical flashligh it is like new fired less than100rnds if intrested please let me know thank you for your time

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    More details on the IMBEL, Mainly the parts kit and orgin..... THANKS!!

KT

I got it off Bayoushooter several years ago and it's sat unfired in riflerack after safe.
    I've got too many, and no room.

Looks like an IMBEL kit to me... let me see if I have better pix...

Attachments

• Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 021.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 021.jpg
      166 KB · Views: 55
    • Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 022 30%.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 022 30%.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 55
    • Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 023.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 023.jpg
      213.4 KB · Views: 70

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Any more info on the Red Jacket 5.45x39 Krink? Kit year, bulgy or Russian and do you have the grip? Also what barrel was used and how long is it. Thanks :D

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Any more info on the Red Jacket 5.45x39 Krink? Kit year, bulgy or Russian and do you have the grip? Also what barrel was used and how long is it. Thanks :D

Bulgarian... I've got the pistol grip around here somewhere...

Stock Milspec barrel, -Not many of those around (I forget whether that's 8 or 9 inches) fake can is pinned etc to make it legal length.
    If you give it to Will with a Form 4... he'll take it off for free.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    As requested:

Weaver Scope Mount, and Precision Optics 3-9x32 scope (Leather sling LOL)

Attachments

• Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 018.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 018.jpg
      175 KB · Views: 13
    • Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 019.jpg
      Snow, Uzi and others, Clothes 019.jpg
      226.3 KB · Views: 13
    Last edited:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    That looks like a Century R1A1 Sporter. Those are hit and miss, even with the Imbel receiver. Sometimes they used a Frankenstein combination of inch and metric parts. Some Century FAL builds work fine, others were nightmares. You should shoot that gun several times with different ammo before you call it a gem. If it takes inch pattern mags, check it carefully. If it takes metric mags you have a better chance of it being a good rifle. Imbel metric parts kits were $99 retail back in the day so luckily there were way more metric kits floating around. Check headspace and function. For some reason the "Gear Logo" Imbel receivers with the symbol on them are more valuable than the non "Gear Logo" receivers. Whatever the case, if you get an Imbel receiver you can always rebuild the rifle around it, it is a good platform.

Also, is it Parked? The original kits had worn black oxide or some kind of black finish. Do you have a closeup shot of the muzzle brake?

Last edited:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    That looks like a Century R1A1 Sporter. Those are hit and miss, even with the Imbel receiver. Sometimes they used a Frankenstein combination of inch and metric parts. Some Century FAL builds work fine, others were nightmares. You should shoot that gun several times with different ammo before you call it a gem. If it takes inch pattern mags, check it carefully. If it takes metric mags you have a better chance of it being a good rifle. Imbel metric parts kits were $99 retail back in the day so luckily there were way more metric kits floating around. Check headspace and function. For some reason the "Gear Logo" Imbel receivers with the symbol on them are more valuable than the non "Gear Logo" receivers. Whatever the case, if you get an Imbel receiver you can always rebuild the rifle around it, it is a good platform.
    Also, is it Parked? The original kits had worn black oxide or some kind of black finish. Do you have a close-up shot of the muzzle brake?

Well as many guys here know, I am NOT an expert by any means.....BUT from what I do know, this is a true Imbel rifle. The UPPER receiver is IMBEL, I don't care if it is Gear Logo or NOT gear logo it will have the CAI stamp.....that's their IMPORT STAMP! I can't be 100% positive without seeing inside the magwell but I am 99% sure it is a metric receiver, and other than finding inch mags that are usually a few $$ more expensive, there is no real draw back either way, personally since I own pretty much ONLY metric mags I do prefer them.

The barrel is the only thing I would question.....NO biggie either way as long as the lands and grooves are good and no internal pitting. IF it is truly an IMBEL barrel, that is COOL, the Bi-Pod cut Imbels are getting much harder to come by! And way cool on an Imbel rifle.

It has been refinished and looks to be parked, again NO deal breaker! The Imbels are a GLOSS black finish or ANY finish you like!
    If you would like the original GLOSS BLACK, talk to ROCKMUP, he does a fantastic job on the FAL's and has learned them in and out! DuraCoat in Gloss black would be perfect!!
    Flash hider looks to be standard Belgian COMBO DEVICE, could be US made no real way to know but again doesn't matter!

This looks to be a SUPER shooter, truck rifle or maybe depending on barrel markings and ser#'s this could be great shooter as well as a future collector. Also note NOT all Imbel rifles have a ser# on the lower receiver, this one does NOT seem to have that number, if not and the Bolt and carrier do match and IF the barrel happens to have the same serial.....JACK POT....Matching numbers Imbel! I sent Nomad a PM asking for barrel proof markings to verify an Imbel barrel, NO he has NOT implied either way, just curiosity on my part!

Again, numbers matching or NO numbers matching does NOT change the ability to shoot and function just as FAL's do! Remember these are battle rifles and built for some very severe conditions. They are pretty much BULLET PROOF!!

KT

PS: I know derf refered to "BACK IN THE DAY" pricing......well this is the day now! Fact of the matter is very good to EXCELLENT IMBEL kits are now selling for $300 to $450. In my opinion the price being asked for this rifle is fair to buyer as well as seller!........I would ask for few extra mags ;)

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ummm, I'm no expert ether, but I've got a preban L1A1

As was said, as youcan (Kinda) see in the pic... it's Marked R1A1, but just below that it says 'Reciever made by Imbel'

It's an Imbel reciever imported by century.

Flash hider is an Imbel.

Pistol grip, mag release, and bolt release are NOT L1A1

Barrel is in great shape... I'll check it later for marks if ya'll want...

Great looking kit, grey phosphate/parked...

IMHO it's a very reasonable price.

I bought it bakc in the day to have a Rifle with a bipod...
    I've got my Carbine with, Argy With, G1 with....

Don't need this one is all.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ok, It's your Imbel Barrel.

Got the "O" Proof Mark, with a "T" on the other side of the flat of the barrel.

Ya'll keep it up and I'm gonna raise the price!:D

Got 2001 stamped on the inside of the magweld... Here's some more of my Poor quality pix... keep in mind the flash and all... (Also some Fuzz from the guncases)

IIRC I may have stolen the Gas plug for awhile... (And put the one you see on there) I can replace if it's an issue. (I think it's now off and in a parts box... The original I mean)

Attachments

• Land Rover trade 029.jpg
      Land Rover trade 029.jpg
      213.8 KB · Views: 26
    • Land Rover trade 031.jpg
      Land Rover trade 031.jpg
      240.5 KB · Views: 27
    • Land Rover trade 032.jpg
      Land Rover trade 032.jpg
      178.7 KB · Views: 28
    • Land Rover trade 035.jpg
      Land Rover trade 035.jpg
      239.3 KB · Views: 25
    • Land Rover trade 036.jpg
      Land Rover trade 036.jpg
      239.6 KB · Views: 20

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    More

Oh, and here's a snap of a Tantal (Original barrel) AK74 if anybody's interested...

Attachments

• Land Rover trade 037.jpg
      Land Rover trade 037.jpg
      241.6 KB · Views: 12
    • Land Rover trade 038.jpg
      Land Rover trade 038.jpg
      242.6 KB · Views: 11
    • Land Rover trade 041.jpg
      Land Rover trade 041.jpg
      219.7 KB · Views: 9
    • Land Rover trade 001.jpg
      Land Rover trade 001.jpg
      243.2 KB · Views: 13

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    You just want it... LOL

I think I know right where the original is.

I'll go through my parts and set aside what I want when I'm done building.
    Then I'll have a 'parts sell off'

No rush, just too much underfoot.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Well as many guys here know, I am NOT an expert by any means.....BUT from what I do know, this is a true Imbel rifle. The UPPER receiver is IMBEL, I don't care if it is Gear Logo or NOT gear logo it will have the CAI stamp.....that's their IMPORT STAMP! I can't be 100% positive without seeing inside the magwell but I am 99% sure it is a metric receiver, and other than finding inch mags that are usually a few $$ more expensive, there is no real draw back either way, personally since I own pretty much ONLY metric mags I do prefer them.

The barrel is the only thing I would question.....NO biggie either way as long as the lands and grooves are good and no internal pitting. IF it is truly an IMBEL barrel, that is COOL, the Bi-Pod cut Imbels are getting much harder to come by! And way cool on an Imbel rifle.

It has been refinished and looks to be parked, again NO deal breaker! The Imbels are a GLOSS black finish or ANY finish you like!
    If you would like the original GLOSS BLACK, talk to ROCKMUP, he does a fantastic job on the FAL's and has learned them in and out! DuraCoat in Gloss black would be perfect!!
    Flash hider looks to be standard Belgian COMBO DEVICE, could be US made no real way to know but again doesn't matter!

This looks to be a SUPER shooter, truck rifle or maybe depending on barrel markings and ser#'s this could be great shooter as well as a future collector. Also note NOT all Imbel rifles have a ser# on the lower receiver, this one does NOT seem to have that number, if not and the Bolt and carrier do match and IF the barrel happens to have the same serial.....JACK POT....Matching numbers Imbel! I sent Nomad a PM asking for barrel proof markings to verify an Imbel barrel, NO he has NOT implied either way, just curiosity on my part!

Again, numbers matching or NO numbers matching does NOT change the ability to shoot and function just as FAL's do! Remember these are battle rifles and built for some very severe conditions. They are pretty much BULLET PROOF!!

KT

PS: I know derf refered to "BACK IN THE DAY" pricing......well this is the day now! Fact of the matter is very good to EXCELLENT IMBEL kits are now selling for $300 to $450. In my opinion the price being asked for this rifle is fair to buyer as well as seller!........I would ask for few extra mags ;)

If by "true Imbel rifle" you mean used Imbel parts kit built on Imbel made receiver, then yes. Unless it is an SAR-48 or 4800 from Springfield, it wasn't assembled by Imbel.
    All the Imbel parts kits imported that I saw had the black gloss finish. I have never seen an Imbel receiver imported with that finish. I'm no expert and not even an FAL-A-holic.
    Century sold R1A1 rifles which were built with L1A1 parts. They also sold receivers. Some of the receivers they used were not as good as others. The Imbels were as good or better than all the others.
    That is a parts kit gun. It was probably assembled by someone other than Century, although Century did occasionally use whatever parts they could get their hands on to get guns assembled, and so it could have been assembled by them. It is probably better if it wasn't, though.
    Either way it looks to be good parts built on a good receiver. If the build was good, it should be good to go. Check the function, headspace, and locking shoulder(some were better than others) and if everything is in spec it should be a very good rifle.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom