Guns, Next week only

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well we do agree it is NOT a SAR-48, and again not the SAR4800 if it was the receiver would be so marked. NO ONE has claimed this to be an IMBEL ASSEMBLED rifle, NOT the seller and NOT MYSELF! See my quote below from post #5. I assume.... you are also aware that IMBEL produced multiple versions of the FAL rifle. NOT only the SAR-48 and SAR-4800

More details on the IMBEL, Mainly the parts kit and orgin..... THANKS!!

KT

Yes we also are well aware of the Gloss BLACK finish that Imbel rifles wore, again NO one stated this wasn't a build here in the states. 99.9% of the FAL rifles are built from kits! MANY are matching number kits! I personaly own a complete numbers matching IMBEL rifle which is built on a Gear Logo Imbel receiver.......OH yeah and it too has the CAI stamp as well, the receivers were imported by CIA! And NO mine is not CERTAINLY NOT a SAR-48 nor is it a SAR-4800.

Fact of the matter is this is a very nice example of the IMBEL rifle, I am not sure if the barrel and bolt and carrier have matching numbers, if it does that's just an added bonus, if not so what it will still make for a GREAT SHOOTER!
    Nomade has already identified the barrel as an Imbel barrel from the proof marks. These are probably second ONLY to the vcl140 STG steyr barrels. I have a STG lower with an IMBEL barrel that is probably one of my most accurate FAL's!

BOTTOM LINE this is a very nice deal for whoever buys this rifle!
    And this is NOT a pissing match by no means! I am a FAL-A-Holic (that only means I am learning as I go!) NOT an EXPERT by any means, don't claim to be, never have never will, BUT I do have the resources to find the CORRECT answers if I don't know them!

Best of luck with the sale, and whoever buys this will have a great FAL rifle!

KT

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Damn guys...

It's an Imbel on Imbel... never said it was factory (Like he said, no one did). If it were, it would cost ALOT more LOL!

Sorry I forgot about the SN, didn't see one on the barrel (Perhaps I missed it, but I don't think so) But the Bolt and Bolt carrier match (And are TIGHT)

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Well as many guys here know, I am NOT an expert by any means.....BUT from what I do know, this is a true Imbel rifle.

NO ONE has claimed this to be an IMBEL ASSEMBLED rifle, NOT the seller and NOT MYSELF!

Both quotes, your words, not mine.

Just trying to be clear. If you know FALs then you know Century assembled some bad ones, assembled some OK ones, and cobbled together some questionable Frankenstein guns. AFAIK the only Imbel built complete semi auto FALs legally imported were imported by SA and were the SAR48s and 4800s, and those stopped coming in way before 2001. I don't think anyone is trying to mislead anyone here but some things just seemed a little unclear.

OTOH, FALs are fine rifles and Imbel receivers and parts kits are excellent quality. I'm sure Nomad would not have bought that one if it were not a good rifle.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Just as some handy side info...

A local buddy of mine built quite a few fals pre katrina. He only used gear logo receivers, and most were procured from the now defunct federal arms corp (FAC). Now he mainly used stg parts, got a ton (maybe 2 tons) of them from IO. But near the end we did a few with imbel parts as they were 99 bucks (as mentioned). I personally have a few of them, and all of the ones I saw had parked receivers, including the ones I bought myself from FAC. If he built this gun it will be a tack driver. And I may have assembled it, who knows. Alot were sold/traded locally. If it locks up kinda tight that is they way we did them. All were headspaced with special tools and the appropiate locking shoulder was used (he had a bag of 200 or so of them, all diff sizes). The 4 I shot for accuracy could easily do 1 moa off the irons, prone. I am no marksman, but it was easy with these rifles.

This will be a great purchase, considering parts kit costs, and the (lack of) availability of receivers. I eyeballed the other fal receiver offerings at the time and none were even close to the quality of the imbel. Plus the imbel were properly heat treated, those areas showed up darker during the park process. Nothing wrong with the imbel kits either, I have one banging around somewhere for spares...

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I replied here:
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?55410-FAL-Accuracy&p=708445#post708445

Sorry to carry on discussion in the middle of your for sale thread. You (Nomad) haven't done anything but others seem to be mixing facts with a little hot air.
    GLWS and again I am confident that it is a very good rifle because I don't think you would have bought it if it wasn't.

Yes, I have noticed you doing that.

Leaving in a few...

Bringing the Underfolder, and FAL for a possible trade on the landrover. Will see Wed.

Gonna throw the 303 in the truck too since it's been a point of interest.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'd say more sh!ttying all over my SALE thread, and nonpertinate factoids which are common knowledge, and have no place here... On a thread which wasn't going off the first page before the timeline was met.
    But that's just me'.

Do me' a favor, don't "help me" next time.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I found the factoids pertinent. If everything was as you say "common knowledge" then you shouldn't mind someone stating the obvious.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Did you bring the tantal with you? What's the price, more info please. Pm me.

Yo asked 6hours too late.

Maby for good Friday..

Derf: I'll remember that when you post. See that you do.

In this case, according to interested parties your inaproporate misinformation hurt my thread.
    As I said, in the future...

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Thing is Derf, your comments planted the seed of doubt into my head, as well as others who were interested in the FAL. If you have proof positive knowledge of something being misrepresented in the classified ads, then by all means, speak up. But another persons ad is not the place for debating what may or may not be true. IE - "that looks like a Century R1A1 Sporter. Those are hit and miss, even with the Imbel receiver." That is NOT cool bud. Especially if you aren't 110% sure that it is indeed what you said it "looked like". The comments by Kajontriton in no way disparaged Nomad's gun. He only asked legitimate questions, and made comments that might have benefited the sale of Nomad's gun.

I also had questions about the FAL, but kept them confined to PM's between myself and other parties. As a result, I believe to have had all my questions answered, and feel 100% confident in what Nomad has stated. Not that I ever doubted him. I was only asking others for pointers on what to look for as I am not familiar with FAL's (yet).

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow Nomad!!

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Maybe better posted this way.

DOOOOOOD, for 875 an Imbel receivered fal is a STEAL.... I have built a few and these are the BEST receivers I have seen. If I had the money and did not already have 4 fals i would jump on this. Even if it needs a locking shoulder to tighten up the action (and nomad said it is tight so I doubt it needs any work) you will only have 100 bucks or so to have that done. Stip the gun, clean and inspect it and go shoot it!!! These guns are worth 1500 bucks or more.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Yo asked 6hours too late.

Maby for good Friday..

Derf: I'll remember that when you post. See that you do.

In this case, according to interested parties your inaproporate misinformation hurt my thread.
    As I said, in the future...

OK, cool. If I misrepresent anything or omit anything pertinent feel free. Or, if you just want to comment, feel free.
    Thing is Derf, your comments planted the seed of doubt into my head, as well as others who were interested in the FAL. If you have proof positive knowledge of something being misrepresented in the classified ads, then by all means, speak up. But another persons ad is not the place for debating what may or may not be true. IE - "that looks like a Century R1A1 Sporter. Those are hit and miss, even with the Imbel receiver." That is NOT cool bud. Especially if you aren't 110% sure that it is indeed what you said it "looked like". The comments by Kajontriton in no way disparaged Nomad's gun. He only asked legitimate questions, and made comments that might have benefited the sale of Nomad's gun.

I also had questions about the FAL, but kept them confined to PM's between myself and other parties. As a result, I believe to have had all my questions answered, and feel 100% confident in what Nomad has stated. Not that I ever doubted him. I was only asking others for pointers on what to look for as I am not familiar with FAL's (yet).

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow Nomad!!

I said "looks like" because the picture was so blurry that it was impossible for me to be 110% sure it said "R1A1".

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Maybe better posted this way.

DOOOOOOD, for 875 an Imbel receivered fal is a STEAL.... I have built a few and these are the BEST receivers I have seen. If I had the money and did not already have 4 fals i would jump on this. Even if it needs a locking shoulder to tighten up the action (and nomad said it is tight so I doubt it needs any work) you will only have 100 bucks or so to have that done. Stip the gun, clean and inspect it and go shoot it!!! These guns are worth 1500 bucks or more.

PM on the way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom