5600, trying for 6000

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm at 8500. I decided that when I hit the magical 10,000 mark I'll stop posting. For 10 minutes anyway, while I reflect (and cry) on all of the time I've wasted. Then it's right back to coons and dick jokes.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    By special request for Speedracer.

A yellow toad is wandering around in the forest kinda ticked off at being yellow. Life would be easier if he were green like the other toads. He'd sure be less visible to predators for one thing. One day, the yellow toad bumps into a fairy godmother. He begs her: "Fairy godmother, please make me green like the other toads. I am tired of being so visible to predators and suchlike." The fairy godmother whips out her magic wand and says, "Toadra-capokus! You're green!"

The toad looks down and sees that he is green except for his little package, which is still yellow. He says to the fairy godmother: "Wait a minute! My pecker's still yellow!" To this the fairy godmother replies: "I don't do johnsons. You will have to go see the Wizard of Oz for that." The toad thanks her and hops off on his way.

There is a purple bear wandering about the very same woods. As luck would have it, he also encounters the very same fairy godmother. He implores her: "Fairy godmother, please make me brown like all the other bears. None of the lady bears want to be seen with me on account that the hunters can spot me from a mile off." She, being a nice fairy godmother, takes out her magic wand and says:"Bearus-cadabra! You're brown!"

The bear looks down and sees that he is, in fact, brown with the exception of the ole twig and berries. They remain purple. He says: "My wang is still purple!"
    She says: "I don't do units. You will have to go see the Wizard of Oz for that."

To this the bear replies: "Well, that's just dandy, but how do I find the Wizard of Oz?"

The fairy godmother answers: "That's easy! Just follow the yellow-dick Toad!"

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

A yellow toad is wandering around in the forest kinda ticked off at being yellow. Life would be easier if he were green like the other toads. He'd sure be less visible to predators for one thing. One day, the yellow toad bumps into a fairy godmother. He begs her: "Fairy godmother, please make me green like the other toads. I am tired of being so visible to predators and suchlike." The fairy godmother whips out her magic wand and says, "Toadra-capokus! You're green!"

The toad looks down and sees that he is green except for his little package, which is still yellow. He says to the fairy godmother: "Wait a minute! My pecker's still yellow!" To this the fairy godmother replies: "I don't do johnsons. You will have to go see the Wizard of Oz for that." The toad thanks her and hops off on his way.

There is a purple bear wandering about the very same woods. As luck would have it, he also encounters the very same fairy godmother. He implores her: "Fairy godmother, please make me brown like all the other bears. None of the lady bears want to be seen with me on account that the hunters can spot me from a mile off." She, being a nice fairy godmother, takes out her magic wand and says:"Bearus-cadabra! You're brown!"

The bear looks down and sees that he is, in fact, brown with the exception of the ole twig and berries. They remain purple. He says: "My wang is still purple!"
    She says: "I don't do units. You will have to go see the Wizard of Oz for that."

To this the bear replies: "Well, that's just dandy, but how do I find the Wizard of Oz?"

LOL - Damn you

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

I laughed. I'm not happy about it, but it happened nonetheless. :D

Back on topic: "What does it El Alamein?"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you have your mind made up and you truly want to quit at 6,000, but think you may not be able to commit; Your last post should be:

"Bang!"

And you sentimentalists, spare me; I realize I can be a Delta India Charlie Kilo!:D

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    There was a tradition at Glock Talk, for a while, to hang it up at 10,000. A bunch of guys in the span of a few months just decided they were done with it at that mark.

Hang on let me think, do I want to post on GT or have explosive diareah...

I'm goin with the blows

Not really but we parted ways when they perma banned me, and I wasn't doin nuttin

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Just hit post #5600. I am going to keep going to 6000 and if I can make it I'm gonna retire from posting.
    But I will keep reading the threads and posts and even par- take of the classifieds now and then.

No offense intended -- this is certainly not aimed at you personally. But anyone here who has 6000 posts (and perhaps those with 2000), with the notable exception of Spanky, has probably wasted far more bandwidth than he of she could ever justify.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    No offense intended -- this is certainly not aimed at you personally. But anyone here who has 6000 posts (and perhaps those with 2000), with the notable exception of Spanky, has probably wasted far more bandwidth than he of she could ever justify.

Just like this guy....

LSP972
    Total Posts
    Total Posts 8,480
    Posts Per Day 4.71
    Last PostSpeedRacer & goteron Today 07:47 AM

Yes, yes i'm ignoring my own post count. ;)

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Just like this guy....

LSP972
    Total Posts
    Total Posts 8,480
    Posts Per Day 4.71
    Last PostSpeedRacer & goteron Today 07:47 AM

OK -- maybe Spanky isn't the only exception. But don't go trying to add Pangris to the list.

Perhaps I should amend my comment to read, ........"almost anyone......"

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

As one of the people you are referring to, I wholeheartedly agree. :rofl:

BUT! At least I pay for the privilege.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom