wtb cheap 20 or 12 guage shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Looking for cheap shotgun for home defense. Would love a 20 gauge youth model. Not looking to spend a lot at all, and I rather not a single shot unless its dirt cheap. Can be ugly as long as functional. Thanks, Neil

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I have an 870 with youth furniture on it. On the 870 you can put either adult or youth, the action is all the same. It has had only five shells down the pipe. Also have one of those elastic shell holders for the stock 2 boxes 7 1/2, 1box 4 and one box of slugs. All the paperwork that came with it and the lock for $250.00

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I have an 870 with youth furniture on it. On the 870 you can put either adult or youth, the action is all the same. It has had only five shells down the pipe. Also have one of those elastic shell holders for the stock 2 boxes 7 1/2, 1box 4 and one box of slugs. All the paperwork that came with it and the lock for $250.00
    forgot to mention that was a 20 guage.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Tupperware- a little more than I want to spend right now. Cujo- if I don't find something non single shot, I will get more info from you. Thanks guys

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Watch Clint Smith's video on tactical shotgunning and it will make think twice about a break open action single shot shotgun......not just for birds anymore!

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    Mossberg 835 12 pump. $175.00 firm. Not a show gun but no rust. Scratched and minor wear from being transported by boat alot in a case. Pistol grip and other Tact accessories that fit the 500 series can be purchased to customize easily. PM me your email if you want pictures.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    Found a pistol grip for it and 1/2 box 3' shells that are included if interested. It fits all 3 sizes of shells and is the synthedic black color.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    South could you please send me a pic. By text if possible 3373845055. Thanks Neil

Neil,

unable to send photos by text but will run home for lunch and snap a few pics to post here as well as a video inspection for your review that I will post on youtube or something and will post a link for you to take a look at.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    Attached are a few photos and you can view a video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lo83t5ykfM

I tried to cover every square inch for your review in the video. Like I said, not a show gun but only surface scratches from being handled and stored alot in a boat.

I bought this gun for a snake gun and it is in the condition that I got it in. You can tell by the usage marks that rounds have been through it. I have personally put less than 10 shells down the pipe at moccasins trying to get into the boat. My work requires me to travel several little canals in a flat boat where the moccasins are abundant and try to get into the boat. I don't need a lecture about killing snakes as I only shoot when they are approaching me in the water. The problem at first was the legnth of the gun.... I fixed that with a pistol grip, now the problem is the gun is never where I need it to be when I need it. I plan to use a 22 pistol for this with rat shot until I can get a Judge or some pistol holding 410 birdshot so it can be kept in a holdster on me.

The only mechanical issue is on the full stock, the guy before me had installed an eye for a sling. He drilled the hole too deep and it sheered the bottom shoulder protecter mounting screw. It still attaches with the main bolt to the gun securely and shoulder pad screws tight with the 2 screws only the bottom one is half as long as the top. I would have never noticed this if I hadn't torn it down to change to a pistol grip.

I mispoke earlier, the 1/2 box shells is for my 20ga and not a 12ga. I only have 2 shells left for a 12.

Let me know if interested.

Jim

Attachments

• Picture 1168.jpg
      Picture 1168.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 15
    • Picture 1165.jpg
      Picture 1165.jpg
      142.5 KB · Views: 25
    • Picture 1167.jpg
      Picture 1167.jpg
      150.7 KB · Views: 24
    • Picture 1166.jpg
      Picture 1166.jpg
      166.5 KB · Views: 18

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    South do you ever come towards lafayette?

I do occasionally. Been there twice in the last 2 weeks. I may have another day trip planned there in the next 3 weeks or if you are in a hurry, could meet you around Jenerette or New Iberia which would be about an hour drive for both of us..... Just let me know.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Still looking, need 20 guagr so the fiance can shoot, she finally said she wanted something for when I'm gone to work. Have an HTC inspire for ATT I would be willing to trade. Or cash of course

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom