6.5 Jap?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    Anyone know where i can get a couple boxes of 6.5 Jap ammo? Recently got a Type 38 Arisaka and I CANNOT find any ammo.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I reload for mine so I don't keep a close eye on ammo availability but it seems like there's always a few boxes available at gun shows. I realize that won't help right now but for the future. Check Grafs too, they used to stock it before the panic.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well you might try doing a search by the right american name for the cartridge. 6.5 Arisaka. Old West Scrounger has some. Enjoy the rifle. 6.5 Arisaka from that very long Type 38 barrel is a pretty underrated cartridge by most Americans. I prefer it to the 7.7 Arisaka which replaced it.

Dave

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Mr. Hatch,

Are by chance in the Shreveport-Bossier area? I think I've got some factory Norma out in the garage.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    Mr. Hatch,

Are by chance in the Shreveport-Bossier area? I think I've got some factory Norma out in the garage.

Baton Rouge - but thanks for the offer!

dwr461 said:
    Well you might try doing a search by the right american name for the cartridge. 6.5 Arisaka. Old West Scrounger has some. Enjoy the rifle. 6.5 Arisaka from that very long Type 38 barrel is a pretty underrated cartridge by most Americans. I prefer it to the 7.7 Arisaka which replaced it.

Thanks for the link to OWS - but he's showing out of stock as well - and $45 for 20 is ouch! Hoping that the prices would be more inline with the .303 Brit pricing which is still expensive but manageable.

Top Bottom