6.8spc AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just figured I would show you the project I have been working on the last couple of days.

Here is my first 6.8 rifle that I plan on doing some hunting with this season. I wanted a 6.8 a few years ago but was worried it would be one of those popular calibers for a bit and then tail spin and become hard to find. Fast forward a few years and the caliber has done nothing but gain popularity and I figured I would jump on board. I am certain it will make a nice deer and hog gun.

I built the lower a few years ago but when the market went through the roof in the gun market I really kind of lost interest in shooting (for the first time in my life).

Recently I have been getting back into shooting and wanted to do something with the lower I had.

The lower is an Essential Arms lower with a RRA lower parts kit (if I remember correctly).
    A2 Stock for now.

M4 Upper

UTG Pro 15" super slim free float hand guard

16" SpecII SS Barrel 1-11 twist

Burris AR-P.E.P.R. QD Mount

Nikon 3.5-14x40 BDC Scope

Upper parts are cerakoted flat dark earth color. I am deciding if I want to do the lower like that or just paint the whole gun and scope combo a camo color with some type of spray paint.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Looks good! We hunt deer and hogs with 6.8s as well. We run fairly bare bones (tubes not railed forearms, simple stocks, etc) rifles for hunting.

Just something you might want to consider in the future, swapping to an adjustable stock. I run them because of variations in weather, depending on when/where I'm hunting. So, whether I've got a thin shirt or a thick jacket on, the gun comes up and feels the same (and keeps the same body position to get the proper eye relief on the scope) with an adjustment to the stock.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I may switch to an adjustable stock. This lower was originally being built as a sort of replica to a Vietnam era rifle but the project was scrapped.

Saturday I was able to get out and shoot a box through it but with the high winds and my rest breaking I did not zero it in. I was able to dial in a 2 inch group free handed though. Didn't want to spend too much time adjusting since it was hard to tell which was shooter movement or which was needing scope adjustment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom