600 yd Prone/F Class Match at Palo Alto on February 7th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    REMINDER

On Saturday February 7, 2009 Palo Alto R & P Club will hold our monthly 3x600yd midrange prone match. F-Class and prone shooters welcome as usual. This is the chance that all of you with tactical rifles have been waiting for. Come out and play.

Please be there by 7:45 for squading.

If you need more information PM me.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Let the excuses begin......

You gonna shoot that ratty old .308 of yours with the non-Weatherby action? What is that off-brand thing that you used? A BAT action? I don't know how your gunsmith could stand ot work on such a thing or how you expect to hit a target, even at as close a range as 600 yards, with it. Oh well, I feel bad for you. You could do like I am planning - shoot that unreliable black gun. :D

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    NOTE - This Will Be A Practice Match

On Saturday February 7th Palo Alto R & P Club will hold our monthly 3x600yd midrange prone match. This will be a practice match, with $10.00 entry fees. Scores will not be sent to the NRA. We will award our usual cash prizes. F-Class and prone shooters welcome as usual.

Hope to see you there.

Lanny & Gary

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    On Saturday February 7th Palo Alto R & P Club will hold our monthly 3x600yd midrange prone match. This will be a practice match, with $10.00 entry fees. Scores will not be sent to the NRA. We will award our usual cash prizes. F-Class and prone shooters welcome as usual.

Hope to see you there.

Lanny & Gary

I am supposed to go on Friday and meet Gary down at Palo Alto.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I did want to extend the invitation to all of you who don't want to shoot the match. If you are in the area or curious about rifle shooting, come by and watch. You may find it interesting. You will like the people. And I would be interested in meeting some of you.

Dan

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Hey Dan,
    I may try to come to watch and talk with you since you run the youth program for us at Palo Alto from what I hear.

My daughter likes to go shooting with me when we get a chance to go. We might bring some stuff to shoot on the other ranges when we come...If we can get away to make it.

Hope to see ya'll there.
    Dave
    electrode1998

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    The mid range match director is talking about adding an additional class to the monthly 600 prone matches. Basically it’s a "Hunter" rifle class open to out the box hunting rifles they will shoot on the "Big" MR-1 target. Target Rifle rules, bipod with a rear bag and no muzzle brake (sorry, NRA rule not club).

Does this sound like something you guys might be interested in?

Dave,
    I know of several daughters that shoot at that match from ages 13-16 they have a blast "literally" and both shoot a 223.

Buck

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The mid range match director is talking about adding an additional class to the monthly 600 prone matches. Basically it’s a "Hunter" rifle class open to out the box hunting rifles they will shoot on the "Big" MR-1 target. Target Rifle rules, bipod with a rear bag and no muzzle brake (sorry, NRA rule not club).

Dave,
    I know of several daughters that shoot at that match from ages 13-16 they have a blast "literally" and both shoot a 223.

Buck

Makes a lot of sense. A lot of us get rifles then discover competition. So we don't have the right equipment. I think it would go a long way to get people into the sport.
    I plan on being at Palo Alto on Saturday.
    Thanks,
    RDO

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Shhhh Buck,

Don't mention the girls and their .223s. I was going to sic the 13 year old on LR when he comes out in March.

RDO,

You shooting your new toy?

Dan

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    My brother has expressed coming out with me on Saturday as well. I may take him through a "crash course" and let him dry fire the LR-308 here at the house tomorrow for a while, practice the basics, and then let him shoot the same gun on Saturday.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Dave,

Buck

Thanks for the info. Yes I would be interested in a "hunting rifle" shooting group.

I will try to come and bring my daughter. Now I am going to realy regret selling my m&p 15 this past year when it comes to my daughter shooting it. Not to mention I loved shooting it. However I do not regret selling it since the wife got her telescope she has wanted for a long time and I did not have to explain to her about how I bought the damn thing without running it past her first. At least if my daughter gets into shooting one I can justify getting a new one.:mamoru: Maybe.....

Top Bottom