65.76 acres Brookhaven, MS/$2800per

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My step-mother is selling property that was part of her father's estate, it's listed at betsysmithproperties.com with a price of $184,128 for 65.76 acres, $2,800 per acre as a whole parcel. I don't have that kind of scratch and can't take on any kind of note like that right now, so it's out of the question for me.

Gill Drive
    Primarily wooded 65.76 acres in SE Lincoln County with good frontage on Gill Drive. Hilly with creek flowing through. Three access gates make property fairly accessible. Survey available in office. Slab, electricity, well, and septic plus two storage buildings are useful improvements to property.

There are some very general photos on the realtor's website, the table under a shade roof is at the top of what used to be the shooting range, I don't think it's been well maintained over the last couple of years when my grandfather's health was in decline and the property was not used regularly. Basically, the bench was off on a corner of the hilltop where they used to have a trailer, and it looked down the hill and up the side of the next hill which was where the targets ran up to 150yds. The range was kind of like a right-of-way clearcut, down the hill and up the next, with railroad crossties and logs to set steel duck/chicken shaped targets on, and later some hanging gong/swinging targets were added. It required regular walks down and up and down and up the hills to reset targets when you knocked over or turned the loose targets, but if you were content with the gongs and swingers you could let the others lie for a while. You could probably offset the cost of a couple of the acres just in lead recovery, as my grandfather used to cast his own bullets, and there was quite a bit of shooting done there over the years.

There used to be a trailer on a cleared parcel at the hilltop, it's gone but the well, electric, and septic are still there, and possibly still a flagpole we raised there when I was younger. I haven't been out there in 20+ years. The creek flowing through was from a nearby spring, I thought it was on the property but my step-mother's not sure. Whether we crossed onto neighboring land or not I don't know, but we did hike to the spring once and drink straight from it where it ran over gravel and started it's flow. The lower portion where the creek flowed through used to be kind of semi-cleared pasture, and my grandfather used to let the neighbors graze their cows there. We used to get loads of blackberries in those pastures.

Anyway, if anyone's interested the realtor's site says you can get a survey from their office.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom