65 Years Ago Today......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Let us remember that today is one of the more monumental days in American (and world) history.....

A U.S. B-29 Superfortress named Bock's Car slammed the door for the final time on Imperial Japan by dropping the second atomic bomb (this time on the city of Nagasaki) on 9 Aug, 1945, forcing them to their knees and into final surrender.

Regardless of what today's revisionists of history (liars) say- this saved more lives than it cost, and ensured the existence of many.....

God Bless And Long Live The Greatest Generation.:)

That is all.

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I heard on the news that the US Ambassador to Japan was to make a grovel speach to the Japanese people on the Friday the 6th. I have not heard any more about it but, I get so sick about hearing how cruel we were to drop these bombs.

oleheat, you are correct in saying that they saved far more lives than were lost (by the aggressor). But, hey let's suck up to them now or they might stop sending us Sentras and Civics.

I am done now. Be well friends and fellow Americans.
    Al

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I heard on the news that the US Ambassador to Japan was to make a grovel speach to the Japanese people on the Friday the 6th. I have not heard any more about it but, I get so sick about hearing how cruel we were to drop these bombs.

oleheat, you are correct in saying that they saved far more lives than were lost (by the aggressor). But, hey let's suck up to them now or they might stop sending us Sentras and Civics.

I am done now. Be well friends and fellow Americans.
    Al

Our gov't is insane if they do this. I pray they do not.
    I heard basically the same thing- and it makes me ill, as well.

Imperial Japan picked the wrong damn enemy- and got what they deserved. Screw their present-day delicate sensibilities.
    Our parents and grandparents didn't owe them an apology then- and we sure as hell do not owe them one now.:mad:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Yes I agree. War is a terrible thing, but we were attacked by the Japanese government. You can do things that you feel bad about, things you don't want to do again but would if put in the same situation. Thats how I look at dropping the nukes.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    You don't hear the Japanese apologizing for slaughtering thousands of Chinese, or for Pearl Harbor or for the Bataan Death March. F*CK 'em! They got what they deserved and it saved hundreds of thousands of American lives. War sucks for all involved especially the loser.

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Over 20 years ago I was at an air show in Lafayette and there was the last flying B29 on display. I noticed that Timex had been painted on the side then removed but it was still readable. I asked Victor Agather, who was the pilot and instrumental in the development of the B29, what the story was. He said that he was on the board of directors of US Time Corp. (Timex) and they had sponsored the restoration of the B29 "FeFe". On the 30th anniversary of Hiroshima they had taken a number of reporters for a ride. A Japanese reporter wrote a favorable article while some bleeding heart liberal American reporter had written a story about how inhumane America was to drop the bomb. As a result of that story, Timex, not wanting the publicity, demanded that their name be removed from the plane.

Last edited:

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    You don't hear the Japanese apologizing for slaughtering thousands of Chinese, or for Pearl Harbor or for the Bataan Death March. F*CK 'em! They got what they deserved and it saved hundreds of thousands of American lives. War sucks for all involved especially the loser.

+1 and don't forget the POWs that they starved,tortured and beheaded!And they called us savages!

Top Bottom