FS: Ruger Security Six 357 Mag. (Mint)..GUN SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hey there guys. I guess I'm going to put my Ruger Security Six 4' up for grabs. The serial number indicates that it was MFG in 1974. This gun is in collector's condition. I rate it at 99%. It comes with the original box, and registration paper. I just KNOW that I'm going to hate myself for selling it, but I need some cash for something else. You'll be hard pressed to find one nicer than this one. No trades, asking $450.

GUN SOLD! :doh:

Attachments

• Ruger Security Six II 012.jpg
      Ruger Security Six II 012.jpg
      235.7 KB · Views: 62
    • Ruger Security Six II 006.jpg
      Ruger Security Six II 006.jpg
      200 KB · Views: 40
    • Ruger Security Six II 010.jpg
      Ruger Security Six II 010.jpg
      226.9 KB · Views: 43
    • Sean Payton.jpg
      Sean Payton.jpg
      67.4 KB · Views: 51
    Last edited:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Very, very tempting........

How does this rate against a, lets say....S&W M66 or M19?

Both the 19 & 66 have larger frames, and grips. I much prefer the feel of the Security Six in hand. The "feel" is my preference, the "size" difference is fact. I can't vouch for the 16 or 66, but you're hard pressed to find a revolver more accurate than a Security Six. I do like the 19.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why, but I sort of figured you might be the first one to post on this thread (I know you're a big .38 & .357 believer; as I am),

If this gun doesn't sell in a week or so, I'm pulling it down. This is the ONLY gun I've ever listed on this site, or any other site for that matter that I really DON'T like having to sell.

Last edited:

Rutn&Strutn

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    New Orleans, la
    i inherited the exact same gun from my uncle years ago, by far my favorite gun in my whole collection. I would never let mine go! an i agree about the accuracy, its Dead on balls accurate!

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Dang nice gun! I have a six inch version I've had since 82, very accurate and built like a tank. You guy's need to quit comparing it to a S&W, you should compare the S&W to the Ruger! lol

Bam Bam

rt2carry

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Ethel,La
    Very nice!my uncle passed in January at 91 and he left me his. It is has never been fired. I want to shoot it so bad but just can't bring myself to do it.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Both the 19 & 66 have larger frames, and grips. I much prefer the feel of the Security Six in hand. The "feel" is my preference, the "size" difference is fact. I can't vouch for the 16 or 66, but you're hard pressed to find a revolver more accurate than a Security Six. I do like the 19.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why, but I sort of figured you might be the first one to post on this thread (I know you're a big .38 & .357 believer; as I am),

If this gun doesn't sell in a week or so, I'm pulling it down. This is the ONLY gun I've ever listed on this site, or any other site for that matter that I really DON'T like having to sell.

How does this compare to a Colt Trooper size and feel wise?

CUatTheEnd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Colorado
    I've been looking for one of these for some time now. My dad has the exact same one, and I love it. Very nice Ruger in mint condition! If for some god awful reason this does not happen I will pay to have it shipped!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom