8 Private Security Companies Banned in Afghanistan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

(CNN) -- Afghanistan has banned eight private security firms, including the company formerly known as Blackwater, a spokesman for President Hamid Karzai told reporters Sunday.

Among the companies whose operations are being dissolved are Xe (formerly known as Blackwater), NCL, FHI, White Eagles and other small companies, spokesman Waheed Omer said. Both international and domestic companies were affected.

Weapons and ammunition belonging to these companies has been seized, he said.

Xe has several operations in Afghanistan, some of which will not be immediately affected by the decision. While Xe's transportation and highway security operations have stopped, it will continue to offer security for embassies.

"Until we have Afghan security forces up and running, private security companies will continue to operate and serve in training and protection of foreign embassies," Omer said.

Of the eight companies named during the press conference, some have already disbanded, while others are in the process of doing so, Omer said.

Before Sunday's announcement, there were 52 registered private security companies in Afghanistan, half of them international, according to the interior ministry. Now there are 44 private security companies operating in the country.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai issued a decree last month disbanding all private security firms within four months.

"In order to protect Afghan life and property, avoid corruption, security irregularities and the misuse of military weapons, ammunition and uniforms by the private security companies which have caused tragic incidents, and after the required assessment, I approve shutting down all private security companies within four months, including both domestic and foreign," the decree said.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    A not-so-well-known fact about Afghanistan....many of the tribal warlords are gay...local custom is to have a boyfriend, despite the Islamic prohibition against homosexuality. So there we are, nation building for a bunch of faggots in control. How you like them apples. NOLACOP? Hey, don't ask, don't tell. Just off the motherfkr's and get back here alive.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A not-so-well-known fact about Afghanistan....many of the tribal warlords are gay...local custom is to have a boyfriend, despite the Islamic prohibition against homosexuality. So there we are, nation building for a bunch of faggots in control. How you like them apples. NOLACOP? Hey, don't ask, don't tell. Just off the motherfkr's and get back here alive.

What, pray tell, does the sexuality of the warlords of Afgahnistan have to do with private security companies being kicked out?

Throwing insults from the closet?

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Surprisingly, Nolatac wasn't on the banned list. Apparently Brannon hasn't pissed off enough Afghani officials yet despite having been there long enough already to do so. :D

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I do think they are a proud society and would not easily ask for help or give thanks for what we have done.. We Do need to temper risk for our guys doing .gov work or otherwise..

in muslim society it is perfectly OK to Lie to infidels , so it does NO good to interrogate them..

If we leave, it will go to hell again and we risk national security.. there is really a catch 22..

BTW, if you have seen the idiots trying to do jumpin jacks, they are too stupid to even do that, more less to provide themselves a secure nation..

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Afghani=Afghan money.
    Afghan=People of Afghanistan.

JR1572

It's an easy "mistake" to make. Our esteemed reporters refer to the Afghan's as "the Afghani people" all the time.

I once heard a broadcaster refer to the people of India as Indians :rofl:
    .......so what's wrong with that??

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Surprisingly, Nolatac wasn't on the banned list. Apparently Brannon hasn't pissed off enough Afghani officials yet despite having been there long enough already to do so. :D

It's posts like this which taught me never to drink anything while reading this forum. :rofl:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

We're not there to help them. We're not there nation-building (despite George Bush Jr.'s sincere promise to never engage in "nation-building" or "regime change") to protect them. We're there nation-building to protect us. Don't ever make that mistake. We invaded Afghanistan, because the people who flew airplanes into the WTC trained in Afghanistan, and because we want to kick someone's ass for the WTC attack.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    "In order to protect Afghan life and property, avoid corruption..."

Uh...yeah...it's the security companies that are the corrupt ones. Sure. That's it. It's they who are corrupt.

In fact, I don't even know if the Western concept of corrupt even applies to Afghanistan. More like the way they do business over there. But I will admit that MANY instances reported of stolen uniforms used in attacks against NATO troops so maybe for the best.

Not at all sure anymore about "the mission" to this place. Is there a win? Short of flattening the place and dumping salt there to leave desolation as a monument I mean.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    BTW, if you have seen the idiots trying to do jumpin jacks, they are too stupid to even do that, more less to provide themselves a secure nation..

It never ceases to amaze me how savy and militarily competent the Mujahideen types come off, while the poor shmucks undergoing training by the Afghanistan government are such noobs. Like, these Afghanistan dudes are historically some really, really tough hombres. Where do these losers from come from???

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Weapons and ammo has been "seized". I find that hard to believe. Not without a fight.

Actually, it would be pretty easy. You have to remember that these people are NOT .mil or .gov and they are in a foreign land with NO rights.

So it's pretty easy to say that if the president of that country wants your guns, ammo and wants you out of there, it can happen! It's not like foreign nationals that run around here in the US and have more protection and rights than most Americans....

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    It never ceases to amaze me how savy and militarily competent the Mujahideen types come off, while the poor shmucks undergoing training by the Afghanistan government are such noobs. Like, these Afghanistan dudes are historically some really, really tough hombres. Where do these losers from come from???

Don't confuse cunning, topographical awareness and tactical ability with the need to follow the verbal commands of some infidel about jogging and/or physical fitness. Perhaps they "come off" that way because they want to and could care less what you, I, or their DI thinks.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Good. Outsourcing a war to wreckless, and in some cases, inhuman mercenaries is horrible. I have nothing against private security forces, but privatizing a war to lessen domestic political blowback is a bad idea.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Actually, it would be pretty easy. You have to remember that these people are NOT .mil or .gov and they are in a foreign land with NO rights.

So it's pretty easy to say that if the president of that country wants your guns, ammo and wants you out of there, it can happen! It's not like foreign nationals that run around here in the US and have more protection and rights than most Americans....

What he said!

ONly because it works one way here, doesnt mean it works the same way in the rest of the world.

I have seen during the "Internal War Conflict" in Guatemala you would get stop in remote areas outside of the city, and they would DEMAND road TAX which meant give 1/4 of what you got (food, clothes, money) the bad thing is that both the military and guerilla would take advantage of such tax so you it was a loose loose situation.

As I have said b4, we have it made in the shade over here.!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom