Apocalypse Sports

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    But isnt the Manager of Interstate the Manager of Apocalypse now ?
    Interesting they do same day receipt/disposal of transfers. Thats not common. Maybe its for you specifically. I know most shops wont do this because of the utter annoyance of the customers sitting in the parking lot waiting, or tracking FedEx, and calling as soon as its delivered with "I see my firearm is delivered, I want it now." Gun shops despise this.

The weed sign was epic. I know I do the same. I have only asked one customer to leave in four years for this.
    Walker Pawn calls me as soon as it comes in and it gets logged. If my item is delivered at 1:00, I can be there for 1:30 and walk out with it at 1:35, for $20.

I do want to check out Apocalypse, been waiting for them to open the new place, but Walker Pawn will continue to get my business for transfers.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Walker Pawn calls me as soon as it comes in and it gets logged. If my item is delivered at 1:00, I can be there for 1:30 and walk out with it at 1:35, for $20.

I do want to check out Apocalypse, been waiting for them to open the new place, but Walker Pawn will continue to get my business for transfers.
    Because its not their core business.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I know your pain, but from the FFL side its acceptable. You have no idea the ridiculous $hit people demand or expect royal treatment because they sent a gun, they got a deal on, to a shop that sells the same gun and expect them to drop everything and unbox it, confirm serials, add to bound book, and then invoice.

A buddy of mine does transfers for $40 bucks and $65 if he has the gun in stock. If I did transfers I would do the exact same. This is business. To keep the local business, with the FFL to do the transfer, alive it doesn't help when they go to ghetto Palmetto and save $20 bucks (which they lose on shipping) and then send it to a local FFL that has the same gun in stock and needs to sell it to pay his bills. Then demand they transfer the gun the hour it arrives.

This isnt Burger King. If they dont like it, go to the kitchen table FFL who will screw it up anyway.
    Kurt, I do understand and respect your opinion. There are costs to keep a brick and mortar store open every month - rent, utilities, salaries, employee benefits, and more. Some of the internet resellers today don't even have a B&M location, off their dining room table. Or some have a small suite in a strip mall somewhere. I get it, it is business, to make a profit. It is challenging to keep a B&M store open in today's business environment, competing with internet sales. And the net profit from firearms isn't much to begin with, not like most goods. Slim margins, make more $ on accessories, services, or ammo sales. Pawn Depot of Hammond on Morrison is another I have used for transfers, usually call me same day in the afternoon. Or next day at the latest. Very professional and cordial service there.
    There are a couple reliable on line firearms resellers who still do not collect any sales tax and ship for free. Who do it well too. Frequently a better price and no sales tax (10%). So paying that $25 or 30 for a local transfer makes sense, especially on a $1000 + firearm. B&M rely upon a customer handling a firearm, touching it, seeing it up close. Frequently a subjective emotional purchase, instant gratification. Some even use the local B&M for the up close inspection, the fondle, then tell the salesperson "I can buy it cheaper on line" and walk out. Pretty rude imo. I'm sure Academy see and hear that one pretty frequently.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom