80% FN FAL receivers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have about 12 of them.
    Gotcha,

I have inspected them, and if you have what the same receivers that I have seen, then there are quite a few difficult machining operations left to do. Just cutting the slot for the charging handle will require a fair amount of setup and work. Not bad if you are doing it yourself, but if you are paying a machinist, well I would hate to see that charge. Pretty sure the barrel threads needed to be cut, and the threads aboive the barrel for the piston tube nut. I remember those receivers looking like they needed quite a bit of finish machining, almost all of the surfaces looked to be oversize to some degree.

You could buy a complete dsa receiver and start measuring, see what is in spec and what needs work. Do you have 12 fal kits to go with those paperweights?

tlbcustom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Ponchatoula, la
    Gotcha,

I have inspected them, and if you have what the same receivers that I have seen, then there are quite a few difficult machining operations left to do. Just cutting the slot for the charging handle will require a fair amount of setup and work. Not bad if you are doing it yourself, but if you are paying a machinist, well I would hate to see that charge. Pretty sure the barrel threads needed to be cut, and the threads aboive the barrel for the piston tube nut. I remember those receivers looking like they needed quite a bit of finish machining, almost all of the surfaces looked to be oversize to some degree.

You could buy a complete dsa receiver and start measuring, see what is in spec and what needs work. Do you have 12 fal kits to go with those paperweights?
    I have barrels & the "paperweights" but nothing else. As you stated there looks to be a bunch of machine work to do. Looks to me like they have about 20% done and 80% left to go!
    I would complete all machine work myself so not worried about the machining time.
    I am pretty certain it is illegal to sell machining services for completing 80% receivers without an FFL manufacturing license. Even then, they would have to serialize the receiver and do a background check in order to transfer it.
    I'm not sure if all the work is worth it.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    It's not worth trying to complete a paper weight FAL receiver. Those are casting rejects that have flaws. Why do you think they dumped them in the marketplace ? Even if you managed to machine with all correct cuts and threads it has to be heat treated

Save yourself time , aggravation and possibly injury / death and buy new.

https://www.dsarms.com/c-830-upper-receivers.aspx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom