9mm AR Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Any tips or advice before I start doing one. Still up in the air of doing a SBR or an AR pistol with a lower I am getting this week. Seeing if anyone here has done one yet and what I should look out for.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Don't buy a cheap mag block, RRA Spikes or Hahn I wouldn't consider any others. 9mm buffer and hammer make things flow better as well.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Ok just ordered most of it today. Parts list as follows.

Spikes LPK
    Spikes Lower receiver
    Spikes buffer tube with T2 Buffer
    RRA 9mm MagWell Block
    RRA 9mm Forged A4 Upper Receiver Assembly
    MetalForm 32rd 9mm AR-15 Magazine
    MagPul MOE Enhanced Polymer Trigger Guard
    CMMG 9mm Bolt/Carrier 100-004-363WB (able to use 5.56/.223 hammer with it)
    Spikes LW BAR RAIL 7"
    Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor
    BCM Mod 4 charging handle
    Adco 7" 1/2x28 bbl

And I think thats it. I spend a few $ tonight

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    DMH and I built 2 9mm ARs on Essential lowers. Both have RockRiver uppers and mag blocks. We had the bolt ramped so we could go back to standard hammers. We have never had a bit of problems out of either one. We both have MetalForm, C-Products and Uzi converted mags. I have 2 co-workers at the plant with the same builds using ASC mags and they are working fine as well. These little rifles are a hoot to play with, easy on the budget and very quiet compared to the .223 ammo. The biggest draw back is that they get very dirty since they are a blowback unit. But easly fixed with Gun Scrubber.
    Enjoy your new rifle and don't forget to put some pics up when you get it completed.

Beauxdog

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    DMH and I built 2 9mm ARs on Essential lowers. Both have RockRiver uppers and mag blocks. We had the bolt ramped so we could go back to standard hammers. We have never had a bit of problems out of either one. We both have MetalForm, C-Products and Uzi converted mags. I have 2 co-workers at the plant with the same builds using ASC mags and they are working fine as well. These little rifles are a hoot to play with, easy on the budget and very quiet compared to the .223 ammo. The biggest draw back is that they get very dirty since they are a blowback unit. But easly fixed with Gun Scrubber.
    Enjoy your new rifle and don't forget to put some pics up when you get it completed.

Beauxdog

Thanks man. Should have it hopefully done by this weekend. The barrel surprisingly shipped already this morning.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Make sure the KX3 is threaded for the barrel and will work with 9mm diameter bullets. Most 9mm barrels are threaded 1/2 x 36.

Thanks man. I made sure it was though as I did some reading on that. Adco threads their barrels to order. Like I had said surprisingly it was already shipped out this morning. I saw quite a few people with them on 9mm and they say that the hole is plenty big enough for 9mm to pass through.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_q.cfm?inventorynumber=391

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Thanks man. I made sure it was though as I did some reading on that. Adco threads their barrels to order. Like I had said surprisingly it was already shipped out this morning. I saw quite a few people with them on 9mm and they say that the hole is plenty big enough for 9mm to pass through.

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_q.cfm?inventorynumber=391

Good deal! I just ordered a 10 MI rail gen 2 ss for mine. Going to rebuild it again for giggles... lol! You doing SBR or pistol?

Top Bottom