9mm Barrel Guide Rod

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Anyone have a 9mm barrel guide Rod that they wouldn't mind loaning me? I want to make sure that i am getting good alignment as I drill out my form 1 baffles. Thanks

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Gee, thanks for the insightful contribution to the thread. I assume you just don't like the idea of Form 1s as they would cut into your business.

What is wrong with doing a little QA/QC?

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Gee, thanks for the insightful contribution to the thread. I assume you just don't like the idea of Form 1s as they would cut into your business.

Don't get so butthurt, buddy.

What you're thinking of is a suppressor alignment rod, and they are not intended for Form 1's.

If you're machining your own, you should understand how to make everything concentric.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA

Typical jackass rebuttal, instead of just having some class just act tacky on a forum because you can hide on a keyboard.
    I could care less if you form 1 a can, just don't want you to see you blow your stuff up. My god though I am sorry you got hurt on the internet.

If the person who answered your question didn't tell you to ream your baffles on a lathe and use that to true up your tubing or baffles then they didn't do you any favors.

But hey you do you, everyone knows everything on the webs.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Yeah, my rebuttal was jackass and yours wasn't. Yeah, I'm the one the was hurt and you weren't. .....

The way you describe would work for sure. Not arguing that. But the way that I am doing works too. Have done it 4 times previously myself and it has been done by many many others too that don't have a lathe. If I was the only machining everything I'd have less concern, but I didn't do the tube, end cap, or mount. I bought the "storage cups" from a vendor other than the one that provided the tube, etc. so I am just doing the rod to make sure that my baffle bores (I know they'll line up to each other) match up with the mount and end cap, and to verify that the mount and end cap are also properly aligned.

There's more than one way to get things done. I'm not the one that pretended to know everything...

Last edited:

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Tigerfish
    I'm not too far from you and have a lathe and a decent shop. Built a few Form 1s as well

I can probably help. Off shore right now but will be in in 9 days

Top Bottom