A Christian Idiot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Even we Christians have idiots in our ranks!

As a Christian, I say that we have a long history of ignorance, insensitivity, arrogance as we are sinners. Unfortunately, many of us don't realize that we are falliable as this is the premise of Christianity.

I will also say, that as Christians, we have done many things that have added value to the lives of all.

As for Haiti, people there are so poor that some eat dirt cookies to quell hunger. It is very sad. :(

922e548b-3d8b-4f36-a873-80035bac0f5a.hmedium.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22902512/

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    they need to stop begging for food and go farm then. do something about it if you wanna eat. 2 of my grandfathers little brothers starved to death during the depression....i have no sympathy for these people

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As a Christian, I say that we have a long history of ignorance, insensitivity, arrogance as we are sinners. Unfortunately, many of us don't realize that we are falliable as this is the premise of Christianity.

We've heard the term RINO, meaning Republican In Name Only. There are also a lot of CINOs. Christian In Name Only. We all sin, but for many people it seems to be a way of life.

Woods

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    As stated in another thread, I'm Atheist, but I still wouldn't judge Christianity by anything Pat Robertson does... kinda like I wouldn't judge black folks by anything Jesse Jackson does.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As stated in another thread, I'm Atheist, but I still wouldn't judge Christianity by anything Pat Robertson does... kinda like I wouldn't judge black folks by anything Jesse Jackson does.

Fair enough. Regardless of our beliefs, good common sense is something everyone should learn. That's why it's called "common".

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    they need to stop begging for food and go farm then. do something about it if you wanna eat. 2 of my grandfathers little brothers starved to death during the depression....i have no sympathy for these people

Idiotic statement considering these people are on an isolated island. They aren't in the United States. They can't just produce game to hunt or land to grow crops on. These are not like the poor in the united states who choose not to work and collect a check from the government. Maybe you should think before you pass judgement.

The asinine comments some people make amaze me. I am willing to bet that if a Haitian was taken off of that island and allowed to replace you or me in any avenue of our lives he would be more productive, less wasteful, and certainly more appreciative of what he/she has. Amazing freaking amazing.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA

They can't. The island was over worked and deforested for the last 50 years so there is no real suitable farmland left. It is very similar to what happened in the dust-bowl era. It's not that politics got in the way, it's that the government did nothing to stop-and even encouraged-the rapid deforestation of the land. This caused un-arable land, mudslides and a basic loss of any commercial value of the land. The Dominican Republic (on the same island) hasn't been so unfortunate as they put in place some mechanisms so they wouldn't follow the same fate as Haiti.

It does suck. But who could have predicited it. I mean, besides those stupid environmentalists who warned for years that this would happen. I mean, they are lucky there wasn't that horrible liberal government intrusion to stop the waste of land. They are sooo lucky that their .gov said 'hey, that environmental stuff is just BS. We don't need to push any kind of policy that might change what's going on. As a matter of fact, we're going to encourage it by opening all the land, not fining anyone and basically letting you do to it what you want. I don't see a problem with that.' Man, are they lucky....

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They can't. The island was over worked and deforested for the last 50 years so there is no real suitable farmland left. It is very similar to what happened in the dust-bowl era. It's not that politics got in the way, it's that the government did nothing to stop-and even encouraged-the rapid deforestation of the land. This caused un-arable land, mudslides and a basic loss of any commercial value of the land. The Dominican Republic (on the same island) hasn't been so unfortunate as they put in place some mechanisms so they wouldn't follow the same fate as Haiti.

It does suck. But who could have predicited it. I mean, besides those stupid environmentalists who warned for years that this would happen. I mean, they are lucky there wasn't that horrible liberal government intrusion to stop the waste of land. They are sooo lucky that their .gov said 'hey, that environmental stuff is just BS. We don't need to push any kind of policy that might change what's going on. As a matter of fact, we're going to encourage it by opening all the land, not fining anyone and basically letting you do to it what you want. I don't see a problem with that.' Man, are they lucky....

Politics did get in the way just as you said.

Liberals push for more than to save the trees, and not all environmentalists are liberals just as not all animal lovers are members of PETA.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    and not all environmentalists are liberals

I lol'd at this. As much as many members of the board have lambasted and used interchangably the two terms -liberals and environmentalists- it funny to hear that there are now conservative environmentalists. Not that I'm saying there aren't, just for some reason when anyone on this board mentions protecting the environment by use of legislation to any degree they are lambasted as some crazy liberal environmentalist. Just read the ANWAR thread. Even talking about some limitations on the drilling brought a big FU. Heck, talking about restricting drilling off the FL coast brought the same condemnation. Sorry, I just haven't seen any threads on here (and I've been on since day 1) about the GOP jumping up to pass legislation to help stop environmental problems. If someone were to do that, they would probably be called a RINO.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Protecting the environment, to a degree, is just common sense. It's the same for pursuing renewable resources, recycling, and other forms of conservation. Liberals go to far when they think it's up to them to save the planet from certain doom and abandon all logic. Turning all of that farmland in CA into a desert in order to save a fish, Cap and Trade, ridiculous restrictions on nuclear and drilling - all examples of nonsensical "environmentalism".

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Idiotic statement considering these people are on an isolated island. They aren't in the United States. They can't just produce game to hunt or land to grow crops on. These are not like the poor in the united states who choose not to work and collect a check from the government. Maybe you should think before you pass judgement.

The asinine comments some people make amaze me. I am willing to bet that if a Haitian was taken off of that island and allowed to replace you or me in any avenue of our lives he would be more productive, less wasteful, and certainly more appreciative of what he/she has. Amazing freaking amazing.

I am willing to bet that Haitians are not more productive than us. Have you met any of them? I guess you have never been around them. All I am saying is....stop crying and start doing. And last time I checked....Haiti does get US aid...therefore they are sitting back collecting a check from us.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am willing to bet that Haitians are not more productive than us. Have you met any of them? I guess you have never been around them. All I am saying is....stop crying and start doing. And last time I checked....Haiti does get US aid...therefore they are sitting back collecting a check from us.

Stop crying and start doing huh. Well maybe they can all work on shifting tectonic plates together to create more land and therefore produce more resources. Brilliant plan.:rolleyes:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

You are about as ignorant as they come. I've been there twice, you'd be well served to learn some history of the country and people your talking about

Top Bottom