A Christian Idiot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    Pat may be on to something here, since the other recent disaster happened to the chocolate city, which had Haitian slave owners and slaves arriving by the boatload at one point in time. :)

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    Haiti:

Although Haiti averages approximately 360 people per square kilometer (940 per sq mi.), its population is concentrated most heavily in urban areas, coastal plains, and valleys. Haiti's population was about 9.8 million according to UN 2008 estimates, with half of the population being under 20 years. Haiti has the highest fertility rate in the Western Hemisphere.
    Area
    Total 27,751 km2 or 10,714 sq mi

Now Louisiana:
    The size of Louisiana is 51,885 sq mi (equal to 135,382 sq km).
    The population (as of 2008) was estimated to be 4,410,796. The density is 102.58 sq mi (39.61 sq km).

Seems now we might know what we need to send them.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cloudstrife you are point on;)

I feel sorry for their poor conditions, but, as with continuous baby makers in inner cities, I just want to scream, "Quit f***ing!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these people don't even have farm land that they need kids to help with.

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, but it's probably their only form of entertainment. It's not like they can sit up all night watching sportscenter.

Each man and woman can tend to himself/herself, if you catch my drift.
    I'm sure they can find something to do. Even if they are bored out of their minds, just quit screwing. Damn...

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Personally, I feel sorry for the people of Haiti. Your country was basically sh*t, now its destroyed sh*t. For whatever reason, whether it be environomental, geographical, political, your life sucks compared to those of us that live in the US. We should lend a helping hand.

BUT......

Look around. Our economy is in the toilet, the unemployment rate is 10%. We are having food riots in Detroit. We still have areas that remain destroyed from our own natural disasters. (See New Orleans and parts of Central Florida) Major corporations are begging for bailouts, the national deficit is in the billions of dollars. We cant afford to raise the Social Security rate for our senior citizens, yet our Commander in Chief was able to magically find hundreds of millions of dollars just sitting there to send to help out another nation.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but damn HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY FEEDING THE HOMELESS IN HAITI WHEN THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION????!!!!

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Watching the news coverage of the disaster makes me want to attend Medical School.

After watching the news it makes me want to buy even more food, water, medical supplies, and bullets. This shows that it only takes one major disaster for an entire country to break down and become too much for government to handle. Imagine the "big one" hitting the entire western coast. We cant even get enough aide fast enough to a small country. It would be a total lawless bloodbath.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The likelihood of our entire nation breaking down due to natural disaster is a remote one.

It is always a good idea to have water reserves and medical supplies on hand, and the pantry stocked with canned goods etc.

However, even if California fell into the ocean, what happened to Haiti is completely different than anything that could probably happen here. Haiti encountered a national disaster. As bad as Katrina was, or Mount Helena was, or even the 80's earthquake in LA... they were regional disasters.

Haiti lost all of their hospitals, their leaders cannot communicate with one another and a third of their population was affected. Even if the Western coast did experience the big one, Washington DC would NOT be incommunicado, there would be outlying hospitals available, humanitarian efforts would be just a couple hours away in country (a big difference).

Sure it would take a day or two to get into any region, but you're comparing a nation that housed the majority of it's population around it's capitol which happened to be ground zero in this case... to a single region against the backdrop of a nation. A week after Katrina, we had people scattered across the country, we had them clothed, fed and sheltered. It wasn't home, but they weren't dying on the streets and we didn't have bodies decaying in the ditches. Nor did we ever have just days after 9-11 (which help was there on scene within 12 hours after the crash), or the 80's earthquake and volcanic explosions. We have had major disasters here and we still operated outside of the immediate affected zones.

I wouldn't call it a non-issue, but I wouldn't stalk the news in preparation for a volcano or earthquake 2000 miles away either. ;)

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Pat Robertson and his kind are such a far cry from the old South Bible Belt ministers of Christianity. Those men took their cue from Calvin, Luther, Augustine, etc. and most importantly the Holy Bible.

Fundamentalism and Liberalism have swarmed into our churches in the South.:(
    Oh well, the victors of the war write the history....and the theology it seems

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom