A four year old's views on LEOs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I was driving our son to school this morning. The high school and elementary are fairly close together and between the two, there was a traffic stop in progress. The officer's lights were still flashing so it immediately drew Ian's attention. He made some proclamations.

"Policemen catch bad guys and helps people."

"They pull people over and give them ice cream."

Just wanted to let our LEO membership know, ya'll are doing it wrong. :p

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    that's awesome... now I gotta tear my unit apart and figure out where all the ice cream has been hiding all these years

Tater

Mud Puppy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Leesville
    that's good to hear. I've seen lots of kids who think cops are the bad guys...but then again, their dad (if they know who that is) is a thug...

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    It's been a bit of a work to hear him add the "and helps people". He was very adamant for a while that police men catch bad guys. That's it. I wanted him to know that if he was in trouble, they'd also help him.

We haven't even tried to teach him that firemen may rescue people from bad car wrecks, and fighting fire isn't necessarily all they do. :D

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was driving our son to school this morning. The high school and elementary are fairly close together and between the two, there was a traffic stop in progress. The officer's lights were still flashing so it immediately drew Ian's attention. He made some proclamations.

damn... must me some new SOP.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Ice cream!? Its 30 degrees outside!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    All too often, I'm sure every LEO on this board will agree, I'll be eating or somewhere in public and a parent will tell their kid "you better be good or that policeman over there will bring you to jail!"

I always correct them, much to their surprise.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    All too often, I'm sure every LEO on this board will agree, I'll be eating or somewhere in public and a parent will tell their kid "you better be good or that policeman over there will bring you to jail!"

dont arrest me bro!

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

One even called in a complaint when I walked up to the kid and said "it's OK buddy, I will not take you to jail. If you ever need help, go find a police man."

Probably didn't help that I then turned to his "mother", leaned in real close like and whispered into her ear. ..."Your really gonna feel like **** if something happens to him and he was scared to go to a cop because you made me look like the boogy man because you do not know how to properly discipline him." I got a stern talking to about that one.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    When riding in the car and my 2.5 year old spots a police car, she says: "Po-Po Mommy!!! Slow down!!"

:D

I was driving, with my 13 year old daughter in the passenger seat, when we stopped at a red light next to a deputy sheriff. Out of the blue, she lowers her window, leans out toward the deputy and says to him, "My dad wants to know if you wanna race!?!?"
    :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I was driving, with my 13 year old daughter in the passenger seat, when we stopped at a red light next to a deputy sheriff. Out of the blue, she lowers her window, leans out toward the deputy and says to him, "My dad wants to know if you wanna race!?!?"

Just thank God she didn't lean out screaming "help help, I'm being kidnapped!"

Warhawk83

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    NE Louisiana
    that's good to hear. I've seen lots of kids who think cops are the bad guys...but then again, their dad (if they know who that is) is a thug...

Don't worry about my kids man, they love cops. They know that policemen catch bad guys and help people too. We've had interactions with a few policemen, a neighbor is good friends with a lot of sheriff's deputies, and my oldest's school is right across from a police station. They been shown how to flip the lights on etc... My 3 about to be 4 year old even has a dodge charger police cruiser power wheel.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I wish my daughter knew more good cops. Officer Friendly came to school and spent a few hours tellling her how evil and dangerous guns were. It took me weeks to straighten her back out...

Why don't the pro-gun cops ever volunteer for officer friendly duty?

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana

I've done that before, but we were in the Cobra. I've never seen a Crown Vic burn it's tires before that incident :cool:

Top Bottom