A four year old's views on LEOs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    One even called in a complaint when I walked up to the kid and said "it's OK buddy, I will not take you to jail. If you ever need help, go find a police man."

Probably didn't help that I then turned to his "mother", leaned in real close like and whispered into her ear. ..."Your really gonna feel like **** if something happens to him and he was scared to go to a cop because you made me look like the boogy man because you do not know how to properly discipline him." I got a stern talking to about that one.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was driving, with my 13 year old daughter in the passenger seat, when we stopped at a red light next to a deputy sheriff. Out of the blue, she lowers her window, leans out toward the deputy and says to him, "My dad wants to know if you wanna race!?!?"
    :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Sounds like you have your hands full but look on the bright side. You can't teach a good sense of humor!

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I remember as a kid when my Dad and I would be in the car and see a police car that stopped someone I would ask my Dad what was he doing and he would say "he is giving them a ticket". And I would say "what movie is he giving tickets to?"

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    All too often, I'm sure every LEO on this board will agree, I'll be eating or somewhere in public and a parent will tell their kid "you better be good or that policeman over there will bring you to jail!"

I always correct them, much to their surprise.

I wish we had ice cream to give away to make the parents that do this look like the idiots they are.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ice cream... WTF!?! I have been getting GIPPED. Every time they pull me over they just want to play with my gun, bring it to there car and finger bang it, then come back put it in my backseat and hand me a piece of paper with some chicken scratch writing all over it! I hope that chicken scratch paper wasn't a coupon for my free ice cream, I have just been throwing them out the window when I drive off! :D

One even called in a complaint when I walked up to the kid and said "it's OK buddy, I will not take you to jail. If you ever need help, go find a police man."

Probably didn't help that I then turned to his "mother", leaned in real close like and whispered into her ear. ..."Your really gonna feel like **** if something happens to him and he was scared to go to a cop because you made me look like the boogy man because you do not know how to properly discipline him." I got a stern talking to about that one.

AWESOME! Good point too. I have heard that several times, but never once thought about the consequences that could have in the perception of a police officer by a child.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom