A Legend Has Passed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    He was certainly at one point larger than life. He did a lot of good things for Louisiana but with those efforts he also enriched himself. He was no saint but.... he certainly had a flair for life.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Met the man once, I told someone he was the nicest crook I ever met. I even voted for him once, couldn't bring myself to vote for David Duke. Anyone who idolized Hitler had to be screwed up in the head!

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Met the man once, I told someone he was the nicest crook I ever met. I even voted for him once, couldn't bring myself to vote for David Duke. Anyone who idolized Hitler had to be screwed up in the head!

Yep, at least Edwards told you up front that he was going to screw you over. He was an "honest crook".

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    After hurricane Andrew Florida used some voting machines from Louisiana because lots of their machines were destroyed. Edwin Edwards won the Florida election in a landslide. RIP

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    My first job was working an underground political phone bank at a union hall in New Orleans back in 1983. My Mom got me hired along with my Aunt and Sister. I was still in middle school and it was convenient because we worked from 6-10pm. We were paid $4 per hour with no deductions for anything from our checks and even fed po-boys with drinks nightly.

We knew that we were working for the Edwin Edwards campaign while conducting these phone polls, but the checks were issued by the Union of Operating Engineers. I had to endorse my checks for my Mom to deposit and pay me cash since I was underage.
    We also stuffed envelopes for the mailing of invitations to Edwards campaign rally in New Orleans which we all attended. Before his speech, there were hotdogs and drinks for everyone.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I said I would Never Ever vote for EWE. I held my nose to vote for him over duke.
    I think his best line was *I’m gonna win this race unless I’m caught in bed with a dead hooker or a live boy*.
    He had a way with words.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The interesting thing, and if someone can disprove it, speak up, but I don't think he ever stole from taxpayers. He made his money fair and square off other crooks.:dogkeke:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If they put his name on the next ballot, he will still get 35%. And we need closed primaries so we don't have to choose between people like Edwards or Duke.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Met the man once, I told someone he was the nicest crook I ever met.

Yeah, that was my experience as well. Extremely high personality- and knew how to talk to the company he was with, at any given time.

But he was what he was. :dunno:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This state prospered and built more highway and bridges under this man's leadership than any other Governor. Love him, or hate him, he was a great leader for this state for 99% of his career. Those who only remember him for a jail sentence, didn't know the man. I'm happy to say I did, and will miss him.

Top Bottom