AAC 51T vs Silencerco ASR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I have a 51T MAAD mount on my Saker and 4 51T muzzle devices. I have recently bought/built a few new rifles (including a 6.5 Grendel that I have had been waiting for the barrel since January). My problem is that nobody makes any 51t stuff anymore since AAC was dissolved in the bankruptcy. Has anybody heard anybody making 51T muzzle devices? I have found a few online but for the price people are charging, I could probably just switch over to the ASR. Does anybody here have the ASR mounts? How do you like them? I know that there are a couple of companies that make ASR compatible mounts which I am interested in because I don't like the three prong device and SiCo only makes the brake and the 3 prong hider.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I also heard the Palmetto State Armory holdings company that bought AAC would bring things back online soon. I bought 5 AAC 51t over the past year for under $100 each. Sometimes, people post them for sale on BS for reasonable prices. Templar Precision had some but is out of stock now. They take them off Bushmaster ACR builds.

Another option is you can get ECCO machine to convert your suppressor to accept a different mount. They have a long waiting list, but they have a good reputation for the work.

Best bet is probably to do like AdvancedLaser says and be patient for now.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have a 51T MAAD mount on my Saker and 4 51T muzzle devices. I have recently bought/built a few new rifles (including a 6.5 Grendel that I have had been waiting for the barrel since January). My problem is that nobody makes any 51t stuff anymore since AAC was dissolved in the bankruptcy. Has anybody heard anybody making 51T muzzle devices? I have found a few online but for the price people are charging, I could probably just switch over to the ASR. Does anybody here have the ASR mounts? How do you like them? I know that there are a couple of companies that make ASR compatible mounts which I am interested in because I don't like the three prong device and SiCo only makes the brake and the 3 prong hider.

Ecco Machine is the way. Get that sucker retro fit for better, relevant mounting systems.

https://eccomachine.net/

https://instagram.com/ecco_machine?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/aac-sd-7-62-modified-mount.6960339/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/commen...eymo/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

With that being said. I use ASR...im pretty much married to it at this point as Silencerco makes more odd ball thread pitches for my odd rifles (some that were never really designed to be suppressed). If i switched over it would likely be to the Deadair Keymo system if and when they made the applicable pitches to satisfy my collection's needs. Even then it would cost me a pretty penny to do so.

There is also Rearden Mfg. They make all kinds of cool custom mounts and muzzle end accessories to suit your needs too.

https://www.reardenmfg.com

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Well it looks like I will be putting up some 51t stuff later, I found a deal on the ASR mount and ordered it last night. Now I just need to get some muzzle devices. I was really surprised to see that they offer the brakes in so many different calibers. I ordered a few of them and now just need to find something for my 5.56. Anybody have the Battlecomp ASR? I like the look of it way better than the 3 prong but have a hard time justifying the price. I also am interested in the sd tactical cyclone if anyone has experience with that.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just a side note, in a respectful way...Maybe you should be considering functionality instead of looks or mounting options. Not all brakes are equal, and some downright suck. Find a few that actually work well and function on your application, then consider if they are pretty or not.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I genuinely appreciate the advice some of you guys on this board have to give. I agree that function is more important than looks with regards to a lot of things. That said on a 16" 5.56 I really don't need a brake and who outside the military needs a flash hider so it really is just about the looks when shooting that one un-surpressed. Now on my 50 beowulf or my 308 yeah I definitely want a good brake regardless of how silly the huge break hanging off the end of my rifle looks.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I genuinely appreciate the advice some of you guys on this board have to give. I agree that function is more important than looks with regards to a lot of things. That said on a 16" 5.56 I really don't need a brake and who outside the military needs a flash hider so it really is just about the looks when shooting that one un-surpressed. Now on my 50 beowulf or my 308 yeah I definitely want a good brake regardless of how silly the huge break hanging off the end of my rifle looks.

SiCo did a limted run of 250 of their vintage A2 flash hider. I scooped one up. Maintains the classic military look. You can probably find one on the market but be prepared to pay up considering the limited production. Im still waiting on perfect gun that it will go on.

https://attackcopter.com/2021/05/24/silencerco-debuts-limited-edition-a2-asr-flash-hider/

silencerco-a2-asr-flash-hider-suppressor-mount-silencer-1.jpg

Lantac, BCM, BE Meyers, and maybe a couple others have done/do licensed ASR devices as well.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Also...supposedly Aero/Ballistic Advantage/VG6 will be offering Deadair brakes in the near future as well. Just some inside rumor info.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Ditch all of those and go w/ the Plan B mounts and muzzle devices. You're welcome.

Top Bottom