Abbeville area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have an offer to purchase a small woodframe fully furnished home on a half acre lot just south of Abbeville area at a REALLY good deal, can you guys in that area give me any info of the public hunting and fishing places around there. Its 10 miles north of vermillion bay, is the fishing good in Vermillion bay area etc? What are some different things to do around there and places to put the boat in and catch some fish or pos do some duck hunting? Would like to make this a nice little get away.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    My in-laws are from there. I have caught catfish in the vermillion river and a few reds in vermillion bay. Rockefeller is within reasonable distance with good fishing and crabbing.
    Drive up to maurice and get something to cook from Herbert's meat market.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    Not much public land to do any hunting. Fishing not far away. Maxie pierce is the landing. Johnny Richard has the marina if your leaving a bigger boat in the water. Intracostal canal leads to the 4 mile canal and you can get to the bay from there.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the info guys, Gator its all good with the ins I checked with the homes owner which lives in a house close buy. She is also recently married to my FIL's brother.... nice lady.. but yeah its good on the ins. but thanks for the heads up!

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    From where you're talking about, you can launch in Abbeville or Palmetto Island state park if you want to run the river, Intracoastal if you want to access the bay/gulf, Little Prairie if you want to go to White Lake. It's about an hour to Freshwater City which is on the gulf. Then there's Miami Corp, Rollover, Rockefeller Refuge, etc. Suffice it to say there are a lot of places to fish/boat.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    Nothing really for public hunting. Everything is on lease programs pretty much.
    Tons of fishing tho.

How long has the lady been living there?
    Reason I ask is if since back before Rita, she is grandfathered in on insurance. You, on the other hand will not be.
    That will pretty much mean Louisiana Citizens for the wind/hail and flood. Check with an insurance agent before you say it's ok.
    Is the house raised?
    Have you been there yet?

If you let me know about where at I can maybe give you more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom