Abita tour?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Did it a bunch of times back in the day when it was all you could drink waiting for the next tour. It was not as nice as it is now but the all you can drink is gone. :wtc:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Diatomaceous earth. The only thing I remember from the tour is that they filter through diatomaceous earth, which is REALLY OLD dirt comprised primarily of the remains of dead micro-organisms.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It's been a few years since I've gone through it. It was open tap afterwards. I wish you could tour the plant during production but can understand why they don't.
    There are a couple rum distilleries that I would like to check out this fall.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    We were the last tour when we visited.
    The brewery was empty afterwards except for the hospitality room. We stayed in there for a long time. Drunk a ton a beer. :)

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Good news for all - still all you can drink. But, as someone said, there is a revolving line that people just stay in and constantly cycle through to the taps. I thought it was pretty fun. Plenty o' eye candy and free beer. Cant go wrong there.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Make a full day of it and see the UCM Museum, the Instagator ranch and finish at the Brew pub (good calamari); just be advised that the speed limit is 25 mph and they mean it!

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Good news for all - still all you can drink. But, as someone said, there is a revolving line that people just stay in and constantly cycle through to the taps. I thought it was pretty fun. Plenty o' eye candy and free beer. Cant go wrong there.

Did abita john do your tour? He's a crazy old biker buddy of mine that does tours up there but I think he only does em during the week. Cool guy but nuttier than a squirrel terd

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

They must have gotten lax since the last couple times I took people from out of town. Heck, glad to hear it. :beer:

Must of been too much work keeping all you drunks out of there!

Last edited:

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    I was told by one of the employees that they even have their regulars. She said that some just come by every Friday afternoon to get a good buzz on.

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Did abita john do your tour? He's a crazy old biker buddy of mine that does tours up there but I think he only does em during the week. Cool guy but nuttier than a squirrel terd

Im betting that was one of the guys. Two guys were in there doing it. Both looked like theyd spent a fair amount of time on two wheels.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I was told by one of the employees that they even have their regulars. She said that some just come by every Friday afternoon to get a good buzz on.

I used to go often. Often enough I'm sure they recognized me. Haven't had as much free time lately to do it though.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    ed486e60e41911e2bd0922000a1f9039_7.jpg

Anyone ever done the Abita brewery tour? Worth it?

Today is feeling like one of those day drunk bad decisions kinda days.

Have I ever been to the tour? Plenty! Who doesn't like free beer?
    Worth it? It's free! Of course it's worth it!

Every now and then, I'll stop by when the new goodies come out. We showed up the day they released Strawator (Now limited bottle release called "StrawGator").
    63613face4d611e29cae22000a9f1378_7.jpg

A friend of mine used to work for Abita and I went on a quick private tour of the new 12 800bbl mash tuns. The old 300bbl mash tuns look like toys now lol.

If you're a cool kid, you might even get some free gear!
    10326584_745827355438411_1200257172_n.jpg

BTW, you should visit Old Rail Brewing Co (Mandeville, LA) and Chafunkta Brewing (Mandeville, LA) while you are out there.

Top Bottom