About to sip the Kool Aid...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Exactly but don't forget the Cheese and a Good Book:}

wlwe9wwcd8z8bnzltwqf.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Wouldn't know about that cheese. I am still without a 686 :wtc:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Hey, I didn't even mention the fact that you lose man-points for the bumper-chrome finish job... even if it WAS done by Ford... ;)

(Sorry, Tx_oil... you're collateral damage on this one...:rofl: )

If the arbiter of "man points" would be one who secretly owns and occasionaly displays a G19 with girly boy red dots mounted (and without the cojones to even carry it daily)...well...I'll consider the source. :)

So...I am still looking forward to the gun, but will continue to fart in your general direction.

And your VP 70 smells like Elderberries.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My G4 G17 put 5 rounds of 124+P HST in 1.18" at 75' from a rest last year.
    Those German Laser pistols must shoot one hole groups at 75'. :)

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    So...to recap it all...oh, why bother.

STILL looking forward to the P7 (shipped today), whether you consider hard chrome to be one of THE most durable of all the firearms finishes (as I do, even more than Tennifer or Nickel Boron) or "ghetto fabulous", or whatever. Like my guns to easily clean and when H&K comes up with a treatment even as durable as Tennifer, I might consider it. For now, "ghetto fabulous" it will be, and proudly. Might even have to go out and get a straight razor to post in the pics just to truly pimp out the shot.

Yeah, still am a 1911 fan, but you can't argue imo with the true go bang everytime aspect of Gaston's plasto blaster. Not if you're sane anyway. OR unless you have a FN 5.7 (a gun that so I've heard truly can do it all, rifle in a pistol, able to leap tall badguys in a single bound, etc.)...but that's the subject for another fun post. :) (in fact, I think it already is).

For me, I think the heel release, in an EDC piece anyway as opposed to say a service useage, is kind of a non issue. Have done some drills with these and they are still way faster to restuff than revolvers, and I'm a fan of carrying revolvers too. Ditto the potential heat buildup that I hear about on the frames. So? Just don't run 100 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger and you should be fine there too. Neither of those takes away from the fact that these lil shooters, every one I've ever shot, have been dead nutts accurate. As in scary accurate, and reliable to boot.

So...STILL looking forward to it's arrival in the next day or so.

But I'm not dumping my Glocks either. And I'll bet neither did any of you too (old fart girly eyeballs or not). :)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So...to recap it all...oh, why bother.

STILL looking forward to the P7 (shipped today), whether you consider hard chrome to be one of THE most durable of all the firearms finishes (as I do, even more than Tennifer or Nickel Boron) or "ghetto fabulous", or whatever. Like my guns to easily clean and when H&K comes up with a treatment even as durable as Tennifer, I might consider it. For now, "ghetto fabulous" it will be, and proudly. Might even have to go out and get a straight razor to post in the pics just to truly pimp out the shot.

Yeah, still am a 1911 fan, but you can't argue imo with the true go bang everytime aspect of Gaston's plasto blaster. Not if you're sane anyway. OR unless you have a FN 5.7 (a gun that so I've heard truly can do it all, rifle in a pistol, able to leap tall badguys in a single bound, etc.)...but that's the subject for another fun post. :) (in fact, I think it already is).

For me, I think the heel release, in an EDC piece anyway as opposed to say a service useage, is kind of a non issue. Have done some drills with these and they are still way faster to restuff than revolvers, and I'm a fan of carrying revolvers too. Ditto the potential heat buildup that I hear about on the frames. So? Just don't run 100 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger and you should be fine there too. Neither of those takes away from the fact that these lil shooters, every one I've ever shot, have been dead nutts accurate. As in scary accurate, and reliable to boot.

So...STILL looking forward to it's arrival in the next day or so.

But I'm not dumping my Glocks either. And I'll bet neither did any of you too (old fart girly eyeballs or not). :)

I love my hardchrome P7 PSP. i was considering selling it a few months ago, but decided to part with another gun instead. something about that gun just makes me want to keep it. it does get hot though!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have yet to be impressed by any HK I've fired, with the exception of the P7 (and a select-fire integrally suppressed MP5, but that's another story). While the P7 rates very low on my "practicality" scale, it's a damn impressive piece of engineering and an incredibly enjoyable gun to shoot.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Don't forget a pair of fuzzy dice...

Was thinking more about a felt brimmed hat, lime green, with either a purple or gold band, and a peacock feather that goes waaaay out to... :)

And in checking my stuff, I did find a rather interesting 1920s era straight razor that I now MUST include in the pics on this gun.

God willing and UPS not screwing it up, tomorrow is the day. :D

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have a p7, and it is a cool, weird, wonderful piece of engineering. Keep in mind they made it to comply with german police/military desires. Pretty cool if you ask me.

And it is very accurate. I shot all kinds of ammo out of it without any issues.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Okay, pics out in the next day or so but here's the skinney.

Uber accurate, as are all the P7's imo. Unless you are some type of Olympic champion or something, I don't think humans have the capability to outshoot this gun. And to paraphrase Connor, "an accurate handgun IS it's own reason for ownership".

With regards to the heat rumors. True as well. But...you just don't run 3 boxes of ammo thru them and you'll fine. You definately don't want to do immediate Mexican carry after 3 quick mags though. Burned hot dogs is the mental image here. :)

Pics coming up within the next day or so.

Let the H&K hatin begin (again).

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    With regards to the heat rumors. True as well. But...you just don't run 3 boxes of ammo thru them and you'll fine. You definately don't want to do immediate Mexican carry after 3 quick mags though. Burned hot dogs is the mental image here. :)

That sparked an idea for the next hazing session at Ivory Tower.

Let the H&K hatin begin (again).

Let them lash out jealously.

Last edited:

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I have yet to be impressed by any HK I've fired, with the exception of the P7 (and a select-fire integrally suppressed MP5, but that's another story). While the P7 rates very low on my "practicality" scale, it's a damn impressive piece of engineering and an incredibly enjoyable gun to shoot.

Speed,

Nope, not a Kool Aider yet :) , but I DO like this pistola.

Wondering about your comment of "practicality" though. Compared to what? Why not "practical"?

Not trying to flame you out Bro, and definately not as...uh...genitally aroused as others regarding the mere whisper of H&K but...it's a darn practical lil carry blaster Buddy. Uber thin (see, mixing in a German word is how it starts, I'll have to be more careful as the months progress :) ), VERY accurate, not too heavy for me (for others? not too concerned about others I'll admit) and well...it just feels real natural to carry this one. I'll admit that mags are a tad pricey imo, and hard chromed ones I think reside amongst the unicorns or something, only a couple of aftermarket sight options, leather is not falling from the heavens to fit it but there ARE solid options for that too, and not just custom (Don Hume anyone). But...still and all...what am I missing regarding "practical"?

Edju-macate me Brah.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom