Absolute worst website ever.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I am talking about the ATF Eform site. It took me about a month, of and on trying, to actually get an user acct. Finally, yesterday, I was able to get it created and get the email confirmation. Now I am about 8 hours, maybe 50 tries, trying to complete a form1. And I still don't have ot done. EVERYTIME I try to upload my trust and attachment, 2 documents, the server resets and I have to try again. Then I have to start again because the save function doesn't seem to work. I am pulling my hair out. Any thoughts on how to get past this?

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have to agree. Their website is sh!t.

Are you aware of their scheduled daily restarts?

Eastern time:
    4:00 am - 5:00 am
    9:00 am - 10:00 am
    Noon - 1:00 pm
    3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Also, I believe that you can save your drafts as you go. That way if when it kicks you off, you don't have to re-enter everything.

Are you using one of the recommended browsers?

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    8pm-6am are the times to go on it, just don't give out my secret.
    The site is very buggy as well, be prepared for crashes and glitches and cases of the Red A$$ to come. Mine won't let me Form 2 any SBR's right now:rofl:

Last edited:

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Well I made it almost through. It took my money but server rest before I could submit the form. AARG! Still won't reload the page.

On the main ATF page you can set up your account. My problem is that my last name is 4 letters long and not 5. So I had to add some stuff because it wants your last name to be 5 charactors long. But I found out that signing up for the acct. has nothing to do with the form1, just your user name. So that adding extra charactors causes no problem.

Yep, I have been through several of those restarts. And it only lets you save at certain times in the process. So for instance if it times out while you are filling in the info for your line items or uploading you are out of luck.

I even stayed up last night until after 1am trying to do this after I was told to try late at night. Didn't help. The server just keeps timing out.

Now to keep trying refreshing or re-logging in until it lets me submit the form and I should be done.

What a complete hassle. ACA website can't be any worse.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Cant believe you would expect anything less from this bunch of Morons. I would imagine same folks did the "Affordable Care" web site as well.

Beauxdog

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I can't comment of the ATF site...but in my experience with websites...Most government sites suck. They are OK for getting info...But useless when trying to actually accomplish something paperless.
    They tend to be print the form and mail it in web sites. Its hard to believe....especially since they have almost unlimited budgets. Case in point...Obama care...Social Security...and I would guess the VA also. They just all suck.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Woo hoo! Refreshed enough times it let me submit. I have a confirmation email and a paid receipt. Now to just wait for months and hope I entered everything like they want it.

Anyone know how will I know if everything is moving along properly? Will they notify me if they need more info?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    I used Firefox for the majority of the time involved. I tried explorer. The website recommends only safari or explorer. But I found it was worse than firefox. I will try chrome next time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom