Active shooter in Maine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    It's very interesting that these kinds of incidents did not happen before the Nazi GCA of 68.
    Except that that's incorrect. The only reason I'm saying this is we have to have our facts straight when arguing against gun control. The UT tower sniper was in 66. With a very similar body count. But whats often forgotten and equally important is that he wasn't stopped by the cops alone, it was also civilians providing suppressing fire that stopped his rampage.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Yep…2A cases about to be heard in the SCOTUS..it’s all about timing. This guy checks all the boxes that has the left licking their chops. That’s why the info was blasted all over within minutes of the event. Look…squirrel Gaza, Israel, China, and 100’s of billions will be back page news for the next week.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Card is a veteran and a firearms instructor. He is also mentally ill. There's a lot of people here in Maine running around that should be in mental facilities. The mental health system here is garbage with a 30+ day wait list. The police have to handle these folks: God bless them.

Maine leadership is so liberal that they have shamed gun ownership for decades and it doesn't surprise me no one was armed in the three locations. Most Mainers do not carry outside the home but most have one or more loaded and ready to go inside the home. We have some strange right to retreat laws and they even recommend you verbally warn an intruder when they break into your home.

We do not have much violence but the fentanyl and mental health has escalated since the Democrats started allowing the homeless to camp wherever. Additionally the stress from the pandemic is making a lot of folks snap. Sadly our fearless leaders are behind the majority of issues from drugs to asylum resource crisis. The banks and chambers wanted to import asylum seekers and out them on welfare and fast track their work visas for cheap labor, while placing the burden on the tax payer for subsidized housing, medical care, food, etc. I support them getting work visas so they can start paying taxes: but they get tax exemption for years.

Thanks to Democrats we are out of housing, and the asylum folks are living in gyms and motels. They even kicked out citizens to place asylum seekers in motels because they get more money than homeless citizens to stay. Veterans are homeless and we got drug addicts running around getting cartel shipments of fentanyl and the government is looking the other way. Our food pantries have been maxed out since Bidenflation kicked in. It's wild!

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Gun control.... Listen to the battle cry of the unwashed..... Look at how these people are using this incident to push their agenda.. Listen how the media outlets are pushing the agenda ... Listen to the reporters who just keep saying the same thing over and over for hours on end...... Brainwashing those who are willing to listen............ There are more pressing news stories that need addressing but this story is and will be in the forefront for some time to come. .............................. drill sgt.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Gun control.... Listen to the battle cry of the unwashed..... Look at how these people are using this incident to push their agenda.. Listen how the media outlets are pushing the agenda ... Listen to the reporters who just keep saying the same thing over and over for hours on end...... Brainwashing those who are willing to listen............ There are more pressing news stories that need addressing but this story is and will be in the forefront for some time to come. .............................. drill sgt.
    Sir, you are a poet

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Just a point- not a firearms instructor but army reserve. That has be corrected. ( I heard this on the news sooo could be bs)

Bad humans are abound. Some can be helped, some can't, some don't want it. Since the first human took a breath and until the last one does there will always be horrible monsters among us.

Last edited:

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It looks like the story was updated.
    "UPDATE: Law enforcement officials have now departed the vicinity. Robert Card remains at large."

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Ever notice that when we start making headway on court decisions in 2A's favor there is a mass shooting, just saying.
    IKR! I was LITERALLY just saying that to a co-worker of mine. It's almost like the scenario on minority report where they paid the guy to say he killed Tom cruises son just so his family would get a large sum of money and be taken care of.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The scary and disturbing thing about this tragedy besides the loss of life is that one lunatic with a gun can strike fear into a nation and have communities hiding behind their couches. This should wake all those law abiding citizens that still refuse to arm themselves and take personal responsibility for their own safety. Just imagine thousands of terrorist in unison doing the same thing at a coordinated time all across the nation. They are here and waiting. We are very fragile in too many ways as a nation to survive unless The People stand up, exercise their right to self defense and strike down the evil that walks amongst Us when it strikes. LE and government can’t help you in that moment. They are great at writing reports and passing laws that will never prevent these evil doings. I pray for the victims families and ache that not one person was able and or willing to fight back. Maybe there were signs on the doors that prevented guns on property. I did hear one man being interviewed saying the most quoted saying at these scenes. “I never thought it would happen here”. It’s a 50/50 every time you walk out the door. Like the weather.. 50/50 prepare for rain, carry a pocket poncho. Strike up the gun control band and ignore the root problem will be the response from our leaders as usual. Sad but true.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Was channel surfing and came across a talking head cable news anchor that I did not recognise.......... Made a startling statement that had not hear yet.... He was asking the question "where were all of the legal " ARMED" abiding citizens to react to this incident..... Almost fell out of my chair upon hearing this...... Does not fit the "main stream media agenda"........................................ drill sgt.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Great, now everyone on TV is an expert. Duane Chapman (Dog The Bounty Hunter) was on Fox News giving his 2 cents worth.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ever notice that when we start making headway on court decisions in 2A's favor there is a mass shooting, just saying.
    They also seem to, in some form or fashion, have ties to, or at the very minimum, they were known and watched by a certain 3 letter agency. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

6e4f7bdbfdf794f00e9e7f8034120093.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They also seem to, in some form or fashion, have ties to, or at the very minimum, they were known and watched by a certain 3 letter agency. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. However, there's information not presented that make a big difference. How many people are being watched by a certain 3 letter agency? Is there anything that suggested a certain 3 letter agency should have done more at that time than just watch this guy? It's easy to look back and point fingers. It's not as easy to look forward and predict the future.

Again, this is not a defense of the agency. This is just saying there's not enough information being presented to point fingers at the agency.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't disagree with what you are saying. However, there's information not presented that make a big difference. How many people are being watched by a certain 3 letter agency? Is there anything that suggested a certain 3 letter agency should have done more at that time than just watch this guy? It's easy to look back and point fingers. It's not as easy to look forward and predict the future.

Again, this is not a defense of the agency. This is just saying there's not enough information being presented to point fingers at the agency.
    Well, sure, I see the rationality. I don't just jump to these conclusions for no reason though. Considering the high percentage of previous mass shooters that were in contact with, or being watched by the FBI, or even had people, sometimes multiple people, contact the FBI with warnings of what was about to happen; it makes it hard to not come to these types of conclusions.

When I speak of mass shooters here, I'm specifically referring to ones that have been highly covered, that killed 10, 20, 30+.

Top Bottom