Actual Gun Cost???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    And what is even more amazing, people on here selling used Glocks for more than they can buy them new...

Funny how that works. I cringe everytime I see that happen. The last three used Glocks I bought were so cheap that I had to buy them.

JR1572

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_04/b4212052185280.htm

A more recent article on Glock in Businessweek. It will raise your blood pressure to read, but it also includes some history on the company.

Geez... I love reading stuff like this because it makes me realize just how wrong they are. If Mr. Barrett is out there and reading this, please take note:

There is no Glock firearm that accommodates, much less "comes with a 15-round clip."

This is like my bleeding heart buddy who tried to tell me that the supposed "gun show exception" means that no one at a gun show has to register a firearm or go through a background check when buying/selling. Love it.

JC

Last edited:

mike45

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    LaPlace
    And don't forget those wonderful taxes they put on those evil little pieces of mass destruction. That also ups the price to you and me a little bit.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Part of the reason that it's so "cheap" to produce is that they've been making essentially the same gun for 25 years. A quarter-century is a long time to streamline and perfect the production process.

Sure there is R&D but most of it has already been done. They might be adapting new features, calibers, etc. . . but they're not developing a new platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom