Adding tree to back yard **Update with trees**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There is no Grass under my live Oak tree, "Shade loving" ground cover wouldn't grow under my Live oak tree.... I have 3-4 large Pin Oaks along one side of my property. I have some clumping Bamboo also, great shade maker and privacy fence. I also have a Pecan Tree right next to my house, they built the Driveway around it, so it has to be pre 1978, this year it is so LOADED with Pecans it is dropping branches that weigh a ton. Last year it didn't produce, and the year before it didn't produce full Pecans, but this year the ones that are dropping are nice and full, hopefully they come out good when they are ripe.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    There is no Grass under my live Oak tree, "Shade loving" ground cover wouldn't grow under my Live oak tree.... I have 3-4 large Pin Oaks along one side of my property. I have some clumping Bamboo also, great shade maker and privacy fence. I also have a Pecan Tree right next to my house, they built the Driveway around it, so it has to be pre 1978, this year it is so LOADED with Pecans it is dropping branches that weigh a ton. Last year it didn't produce, and the year before it didn't produce full Pecans, but this year the ones that are dropping are nice and full, hopefully they come out good when they are ripe.

Hey, I have one blood orange tree and one Hamlin orange tree. Wann do some trading?

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    My River Birch experience, very nice looking tree, grows rapidly, dies within 15-18 years and costs a lot to cut down.
    Bradford Pears are really nice looking trees and grow fairly quickly. They do tend to be a little delicate in storms.
    I just recently planted a Magnolia and according to info I have read it should outlive me.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    The problem with here is the fast growing trees here are also easy for a hurricane/good storm to knock over or break. I wish my ancestors had known where I was going to live 200 yrs ago and planted a few live oaks in specific spots :chuckles:. The one I do have + my 40ft Magnolia greatly help on my A/C bill. The ones I have added are all fruit trees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom