AeroKroil?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    I have heard people using it on guns! I want to make sure is this a great idea? I have alot at the house but I have never though it was a really great thing to use on your Rifle or Pistols? LMK what you think?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Kroil is a very good product to loosen rusty bolts, etc. I have used it alone and mixed with Hoppe's #9 to soak and clean dirty barrels. After cleaning with this mixture I use my standard CLP Weapon Shield.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    There was a post of test done on metal plates in a thread on BS, could not find it. It showed surprising results of gun oils. I will keep looking.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Kroil is a penetrating oil, works o'k to help clean a barrel, isn't a good rust preventative, or lubricating oil

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I do not put much stock in rust preventative tests as I have never had a barrel rust and any good CLP when used properly and on a regular basis will keep a gun from rusting. Preventative maintenance is the key.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    According to the manufacture they claim to be "design" for it, read the label, we OilField workers have an unlimited supply to it, I usually pick up a can whenever I remeber about it when at work to take home. My gunsmith uses it a lot so I guess it must be safe, suppose to be extremely good also as a lubricant when cutting dove tails on slides etc, my skills are not quite that far so I wouldnt know.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have several guns in which I fire cast bullets only. Kroil is by far the best cleaning solvent I have ever used in these guns. Another trait of this solvent is that I do not experience any change in point of impact from a clean bore.
    Can't say that about other solvents I have used.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Despite the fact that Kano Labs (the manufacturer of Kroil products) says it is fine for firearms, I can tell you that over time it can & will remove the bluing on your barrel, and any other blued parts... I have more experience with Kroil that the average bear. Kroil is designed to penetrate down to a millionth of an inch.There is nothing out there better for loosening rusted parts. As a solvent, I suppose it could be used, but I wouldn't recommend it for use as a "routine" gun oil. For that, I personally like RemOil....

Oh- and WHATEVER YOU DO- keep Kroil & ALL OTHER OILS away from your ammuntion- especially Kroil. If it comes in contact with a cartridge, it will penetrate the primer & kill it- leaving you with basically a "dummy round". That could be costly.....But you probably already knew that...:)

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    Yeah we use it at work alot offshore. I am just looking for something different for my 1911 and I heard of some people cleaning 1911's with it. Thanks guys!

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i used to use fluid film at work my skin reacts to it badly so i switched to wd40 instead. not for guns just at work.. fluid film seems too gummy to put on a gun

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I use Kroil on my guns for both inside and out. It gets stubborn stuck items moving. I use it for cleaning the inside of the barrel. I have heard of remarkable lead removal with this product and I'm using it for guns I shoot corrosive ammo in.

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Kroil is great AL-55 is the stuff though. It is one hell of a pentrating oil that actually leaves residual oils behind. Kind of has a funny odor that lasts and lasts but you can spray this stuff on a master lock that gets hit by salt spray all day everyday and it won't show a sign of rust 6 months later. I used AL-55 to get a bunch of Katrina guns freed up for reworking and refinishing when nothing else would work.

Top Bottom