After reading many reviews and given the price; I've ordered a Glock Field Kinfe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D0NNY

That guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Houma, La
    Went with the 81, which has a root saw on the back of the blade. Given it's low weight (well under a 1lb with the sheath), size (6.5" in blade), it should be a pretty good addition to my backpacking gear. I currently rely on just a decent sized leatherman tool, some random swing blade, and my rather featured swiss army field knife that doubles as a key chain.

Pretty excited about it. After my recent trip and (backpacked 2 days, dayhiked 1 day), I definitely see the use in having something larger that I can hack at brush with. there were many a thorny vines on the trail that were accross the path at body height, etc. Sucked to haev to deal with, and being a nice guy, it was a pain in the ass to cut them out of the way for other people who may go hiking soon.

Shouldn't be a problem after this.

Also, something like this would have been INCREDIBLY useful when i day-hiked out at the Fullerton Lake Trail. There are a lot of ruins from the mill that are off in the woods, but the amount of thorn vines in the way, it was a total PITA to really get anywheres without getting stuck bad.

I'm looking forward to it's arrival and future uses :D

Top Bottom