Ak Smith around SE Louisiana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rodog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2022
    Metairie
    Have an old wasr10 with a muzzle nut I want to take off and the gas block bayonet lug was trimmed so want to get the gas block replaced.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    This is really easy work, I am surprised that there hasn't been any recommendations to take it to the usual expert gunsmiths on here.
    This guy!!! Let him do it… although sadly he would be down grading his self to mess with an Ak… I mean this fella has made it to tanks… yup I’m jealous lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He is no longer in Louisiana

He's no longer there but his store in Louisiana is still open. 13238 Airline Hwy, Gonzales, LA 70737
    From the site you linked:

The Michigan Kinetics Story
    A lot of folks are wondering what to expect going forward. Our retail store Khyber Pass Tactical in Louisiana will remain open and operated independently by Mark Sorenson. All of our major gunsmithing and manufacturing have relocated to our new facility in Lake County, MI under the new company name Michigan Kinetics. Vincent Buckles will be building rifles and overseeing quality control at the new facility.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    He's no longer there but his store in Louisiana is still open. 13238 Airline Hwy, Gonzales, LA 70737
    From the site you linked:

The Michigan Kinetics Story
    A lot of folks are wondering what to expect going forward. Our retail store Khyber Pass Tactical in Louisiana will remain open and operated independently by Mark Sorenson. All of our major gunsmithing and manufacturing have relocated to our new facility in Lake County, MI under the new company name Michigan Kinetics. Vincent Buckles will be building rifles and overseeing quality control at the new facility.
    Done a little business with Mark. Super nice guy and I am extremely pleased with his work.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Neutral Ground gun co said to bring it to take a look at it. I'll be going soonish.

I doubt they will do it just by reading this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_161210_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20240220_161210_Samsung Internet.jpg
      153.3 KB · Views: 28

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Not much of a gunsmith if they can't tap a thread in something...

However they likely do not have a dremel, which is a plus to the customer...

Top Bottom