ak47 bolt sticking fix?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arabseal

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I just got a Yugo N-Pap and the bolt sticks when you slowly release it. I don't think this will affect the reliability, but I prefer for it not to stick. I read on another forum to shave the corner of the hammer, has anyone tried this?

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Oil it and shoot it. They all function that way. Don't ride the bolt. Rack back and drop.

Don't start grinding on the hammer or you could wind up with more problems than a stiff bolt.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Agreed, 100% normal. Another thing. I oil my AK's with engine oil. The full auto smells like an old truck after you run 100 rounds through it. Don't treat them nice...especially when new. Shot the heck out of them, clean them, and re-oil them.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I noticed this last night after cleaning up my new pap as well. If I would ride it it would hang up however if I just racked it like normal it worked seamlessly every time.

On a side note I sanded and used my truoil kit to make the wood a nice deep walnut color which by the way looks amazing.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yes, one more for the bolt is supposed to work that way. I suppose it is for a way to store the gun bolt open? Anyway, shoot it enough and it won't stay open anymore.

Noooo. I watched a dude at the range get his hand jacked up trying that. "Locked" it back and then had it slam on his hand while putting it on the rack.

It's just a side effect of the design that's more pronounced when new. The bolt was simply never designed to slowly ride forward I think that's something only silly Americans do. In Russia, bolt charges you.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Noooo. I watched a dude at the range get his hand jacked up trying that. "Locked" it back and then had it slam on his hand while putting it on the rack.

It's just a side effect of the design that's more pronounced when new. The bolt was simply never designed to slowly ride forward I think that's something only silly Americans do. In Russia, bolt charges you.

Yeah, I never knew why it did that, and always thought if that was supposed to be there to hold the bolt open, it was the crummiest attempt I've seen. If you breath on it it will slam forward. No way could you consider or trust that as "Locked Back". As far as charging it, I always treated it like any other gun, pull slide/bolt back till the stop, let go and let the springs take care of the rest.

Top Bottom