AKs from the build Party

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Lets post the completed rifles here.
    Here is mine. Thanks again BamBam
    AK.jpg

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Camper, The reciever was a 100% from nodakspud. It was a functional weapon before. I just wanted to change the screws to rivits. The finish on the metal was high heat enamel engine block paint from autozone. Looks good but won't hold up to most gun cleaning solvents.

Thanks for the complement on the wood fellas. I used some wal-mart stripper to clean them of. Then used varying degrees of sand paper to clean her up down to very fine and then 000 steel wool. Placed them in a bucket of sedona red stain overnight. Hit it with some 000 steel wool a couple of days later and finally a light coat of polyurethane to finish.

wood.JPG

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Wow. I was sure that was going to cause a problem. Thanks for the report. I'm REALLY glad it worked. I spent the day today bluing a kit build I did in mid September. It's another Romanian G AK like yours but from 1978, and I built it with an underfolder from a Hungarian AK. The bluing worked just fine. I've built two AKs since then, but this one may have just become my favorite AK. ;-)

You just gotta love those Romanian AKs.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I put about 1200 rounds through the rifle since building it. I always do before I do my final finishing, so I'm sure the rifle is working the way it's supposed to. Between uses I, of course immediately wash the steel parts with hot soapy water and brake cleaner (separately), then I oil it thoroughly for rust protection. So far rust hasn't ever been an issue. If I store a rifle for a prolonged period without firing it, I cover it in motor oil.

Top Bottom