All Sold... Jericho 941B and Mauser GEW98

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sputnik

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    WTS
    Jericho 941B, 9mm, steel frame compact, less than 100 rounds fired. Comes with two original magazines, box and paperwork. Like new. SoldDSCF1670.jpgDSCF1668.jpgDSCF1667.jpg
    GEW98, Waffenfabrik 1918, 8mm Mauser, very nice condition. SoldDSCF1643.jpg
    DSCF1634.jpg
    Prefer FTF in Baton Rouge area. PM with questions.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Sputnik, where you been??? Still have that Mauser I see...Folks, guy is good to go and the GEW98s are sweet shooting rifles!! Anyone who likes military Mausers will appreciate these..you just don't see them much anymore..Free bump!!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Of the model 98s that I have the WWI like this one is my absolute favorite...although military issue rifles they seem to be better made with great finishes than the WWII guns. Somebody please buy this as its just too damn tempting.....

skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Of the model 98s that I have the WWI like this one is my absolute favorite...although military issue rifles they seem to be better made with great finishes than the WWII guns. Somebody please buy this as its just too damn tempting.....

I've been collecting some early 20th century military firearms for a while now. Lee-Enfields, K31 Swiss, Mosin-Nagants, etc. I have yet to add an 8mm Mauser to my collection. How do they shoot, in comparison to the other rifles of their time? I know the Enfield and K31 both shoot like dreams, whereas the Nagant seems much less accurate.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Definitely better than the M91 Nagant. I have that rifle and in my opinion the 8mm GEW98 and K98s are better rifles in terms of accuracy and bolt manipulation.Don't know about the K31 or Lee-Enfields though as I've never owned or had the opportunity to shoot them. I have 2 K98s and I feel the WWI rifle shoots better than those..maybe because of the barrel length I don't know. I don't know about Sputniks rifle but mine has an awesome finish and deep blue and the fit is remarkable for an early 20th century duty rifle...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom