All this for a flag? Any lip readers in here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    When the White House is again and the 20's come off the limo...all the kools are dumped from the royal ashtrays and the boot prints on top or the cherry wood desk

What a great day that will be....these two...B & Ho just need 2 GO

oh hey...new sig line is born

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    What a great day that will be....these two...B & Ho just need 2 GO

BO's & MO's probably have another 40 years to live, so that is 40 years of Secret Service protection that the tax payers will have to foot the bill on
    I know all presidents get it, their wives and children (till the age of 21 I believe). But the cost to protect the O family is going to be tremendous. So what I am trying to say is they will cost us more money when he is out of office!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Looks like she is saying, "All this for a flag?" To which Obama nods, and she shakes her head in disdain.

Any speculations?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W5xDBxE_0w&feature=player_embedded

Could someone embed the vid please?

I could not tell what she said, but she was negative in her expression. She looked down, and slightly shook her head while smirk/grimacing.

However, to be completely fair, she could have been expressing negativity toward anything. She could have said "All the families get is a flag?" and been disgusted that a person had been replaced with a flag. I'm not trying to defend her, as I don't like her one bit. However, until we know what she said, it's all just speculation fueled by previous impressions of her character.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I have watched it SEVERAL times and "all this for a flag" comes the closest from what I can see and I am a fair lip reader. Match that with the facial expressions etc, I say it was derogatory.

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I only watched the 2nd video on the first page. I don't know what ceremony was happening. I'm only commenting on the part I saw, which was when she leaned over and said something that looked like "I wonder if they flew that flag" And when BO nodded and smiled, she grimaced while shaking her head.

If that is in fact what she said, is there any significance to whatever flag mentioned being flown?

I am not jumping to any conclusions because I don't even know what is going on. Video was posted, then commented on. I viewed and offered my "interpretation" of what I "think" I saw her say. I'm sure we don't even know what they (BO and MO) were talking about before the camera zoomed in. Probably has nothing to do with why they were there.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    She definitely did not say "All this for a flag." It was a longer statement than that. As others have stated, it looks more like she's saying "I wonder if they flew that flag", or possibly something about the folding of the flag.

Some of you guys seem to be really trying hard to make it fit what you want it to be. Now, Dave said he and his fiancee both watched it, and neither of them saw her say "all this for a flag." This is coming from two people who rely on lipreading much more than we do, and based on my fair bit of experience with the Deaf and their culture, they're significantly better at it than most of us.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Did anybody bother his and her majesty to ask? Since it is in the news and all over the net.

Not that it would amount to anything. Remember, he has a severe case of selective amnesia.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom