All UN small arms/reloading treaty threads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Since when can a ''Treaty'' override the Constitution ?
    Gator 45/70: your point is correct.
    1) Treaties do not override the U.S. Constitution.
    2) Treaties cannot amend the Constitution.
    3) A treaty can be nullified by a statute passed by the U.S. Congress or by a sovereign State or States.

The point is that we have elected politicians that may not understand this and it may have to be fought out in the courts. The courts have weighed in in the past and it is clear that they have ruled on the side that Treaties do not override the constitution. lets hope that courts will continue to see it this way.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    3) A treaty can be nullified by a statute passed by the U.S. Congress or by a sovereign State or States.

The point is that we have elected politicians that may not understand this and it may have to be fought out in the courts. The courts have weighed in in the past and it is clear that they have ruled on the side that Treaties do not override the constitution. lets hope that courts will continue to see it this way.[/QUOTE]

Two more liberal douches on the Supreme Court and I bet you they don't! ;)

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I think we all pretty much expected nothing less from ''Lil Pork'et'', Her track record precedes her willingness to support ''We The People''
    at a level of -10.

The point is that we have elected politicians that may not understand this and it may have to be fought out in the courts. The courts have weighed in in the past and it is clear that they have ruled on the side that Treaties do not override the constitution. lets hope that courts will continue to see it this way.

Keepurpowderdry

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    N.O.23
    ALL Treaties are NULL AND VOID IF THEY GO AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. pass the word and write the "PROGRESSIVE Mary Landrieu". She does not care- pension for Life and Deluxe Healthcare that "we the people" cannot get!

Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    The real question is what will you do to help defeat Mary?

It comes down to money and time. Your vote is not enough. Showing up, over and over and over, is what it's going to take. She will have Bloomberg money behind her (already does, actually).

So, we shall see what the level of commitment is from Louisiana gun owners. If we don't change our behavior (to include showing up, giving money, and helping a LOT), nothing will change.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The real question is what will you do to help defeat Mary?

It comes down to money and time. Your vote is not enough. Showing up, over and over and over, is what it's going to take. She will have Bloomberg money behind her (already does, actually).

So, we shall see what the level of commitment is from Louisiana gun owners. If we don't change our behavior (to include showing up, giving money, and helping a LOT), nothing will change.

I'm all in! I will show you what working to get that lockstep ideological robocrat out looks like! ;)

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    This isn't the first time she has shown her true colors....she's at the top of my do not vote for list and I will be sure to tell everyone I know about her leanings.
    I sent her an e-mail outlining why I was NOT going to be voting for her ever again...got some political BS letter about doing whats good for the majority, stopping crime and all the pork barrel projects she has brought in to LA....HOG WASH!
    I'm on the campaign trail to get her UN-ELECTED.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    They were 20-21 votes short to get a 2/3rds majority with 46 votes in favor. 66-67 is 2/3rds of 100.
    I think we can get her unelected if enough lazy ass people get off their keesters and get out to vote next year when Miss Piggy comes up again.

Lokin4AReason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    behind a desk ....
    we need get that piece of lard, out of office .... shes been doing some serious liking to obozo, and his wishes ....

shes not doing any favors for the citizens of this state, just only hers ....

she lost my vote a longgggg time ago .... and passed it to family n friends to not vote for her .....

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Fat Mary does not care about Louisiana as much as she cares about staying in office . Her loyalty is to her Party and the demographic that helps keep her there .

LegallyArmedAm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Lake Charles, LA
    The UN Treaty is backdoor gun registration, but CANNOT supersede the Constitution!

Anyone who’s listened to the cozy, fluffy little story about how the powder blue helmet-wearing heroes of the UN are going to police the evil world and keep all illicit weapons out of the hands of mean ol’ warmongers and then children of the world will be able to rejoice and dance in fields of cotton candy and rainbows knows that the UN Arms Trade Treaty that will NOT go away is being packaged pretty attractively and sounds like a really good thing on the surface. I mean, who wouldn’t want to keep an evil, corrupt government or person from getting guns, right? Ok, let me drop a little knowledge on you.

(Rest of the story here:)
    http://legallyarmedamerica.com/blog/2013/06/14/the-un-treaty-is-backdoor-gun-registration-but-cannot-supersede-the-constitution/

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    The problem is that we have 3 more years of him in office and there’s no telling if the next president (Dem or Rep) will simply carry on the current administration’s hatred of the Second Amendment. :ohreally:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Constitutional Rights.

From a friend.

Talk about your 'photo finish'.................This is serious stuff!!!

We came four votes away from the US Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations.

In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The Statement of Purpose from the Bill reads:

"To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty."

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration,

would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms.

The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. ,

and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Astonishingly, 46 out of our 100 United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

Here are the 46 senators that voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)

Baucus (D-MT)

Bennett (D-CO)

Blumenthal (D-CT)

Boxer (D-CA)

Brown (D-OH)

Cantwell (D-WA)

Cardin (D-MD)

Carper (D-DE)

Casey (D-PA)

Coons (D-DE)

Cowan (D-MA)

Durbin (D-IL)

Feinstein (D-CA)

Franken (D-MN)

Gillibrand (D-NY)

Harkin (D-IA)

Hirono (D-HI)

Johnson (D-SD)

Kaine (D-VA)

King (I-ME)

Klobuchar (D-MN)

Landrieu (D-LA)

Leahy (D-VT)

Levin (D-MI)

McCaskill (D-MO)

Menendez (D-NJ)

Merkley (D-OR)

Mikulski (D-MD)

Murphy (D-CT)

Murray (D-WA)

Nelson (D-FL)

Reed (D-RI)

Reid (D-NV)

Rockefeller (D-WV)

Sanders (I-VT)

Schatz (D-HI)

Schumer (D-NY)

Shaheen (D-NH)

Stabenow (D-MI)

Udall (D-CO)

Udall (D-NM)

Warner (D-VA)

Warren (D-MA)

Whitehouse (D-RI)

Wyden (D-OR)

People: This needs to go viral. These Senators voted to let the UN take OUR guns.

They need to lose their next election.

We have been betrayed.

46 Senators Voted to Give your 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights to the U.N.

Please send this to FRIENDS!

Top Bottom