Am I jaded?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    He was checking to see if it was an automatic or not.

Sounds like he racked the action and pulled the trigger. Can you tell if an AR 15 is full auto by doing that ? Or am I missing something ? Though I agree that if there were a full mag it would be a telling way to find out.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I thought this was funny.

police-medic-hell-beat-you-to-health-with-his-magic-wellness-stick.jpg

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    No I don't think you're jaded at all, just rightly concerned about the serious problem of police abuse in this country. Whether it's the situations themselves that are on the rise or just the number of people filming it, these kind of things shouldn't be tolerated or brushed off in a free society.

And before anyone calls me a cop hater, I have several friends who are/were in law enforcement who agree with me on this. I have alot of respect for the majority of LEOs who do their job professionally and respect constitutional rights, and that's part of the reason I hope a much bigger hammer is brought down on the few officers who would tarnish that reputation.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Sounds like he racked the action and pulled the trigger. Can you tell if an AR 15 is full auto by doing that ? Or am I missing something ? Though I agree that if there were a full mag it would be a telling way to find out.

He emptied the gun, pulled the trigger, then while holding the trigger down, cycled the gun. If it would've been automatic the gun would've dry fired again.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Are there bad Cops? Absolutely. We have dumbed down the professional standards and training to the point that more duds are making it to the street than ever. The pay is low and you get what you pay for. That being said show me any other profession where there is more scrutiny? When a cop uses force it gets looked at internally, by his peers, and externally in the courts and media. It's like Shark Attacks; there aren't more shark attacks now than 10 years ago, they are just covered more frequently and sensationally. Over the last 3 days I have encountered probably 100 people at work. I haven't abused or violated the rights of any of them. I am the norm not the outlier. Get over yourselves. If you feel like you got screwed by a cop, man up, go to his boss or the courts and get a remedy. Or whine on facebook...

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This has run it's course. If someone has a specific case of abuse they want to discuss they can start a thread for it. In the meantime we will all, as a group, refrain from... is it just me or is xxxx group of people getting carried away with non-specific and unquantifiable abuses? Threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom