American Exceptionalism...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    that's sarcasm, we're effed.

Look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangwang_U8

When you get to the "Tank Turns" and where one was driven sideways on to the presentation stage and think, "Wow!"...just keep going on to the next paragraph...and then to the next.

I was already down today. How are we so far behind?

I discovered this vehicle by watching someone drive one into a lake, online.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I was eyeballing some SUVs today.
    That YangWang (:dogkeke:) U8 looks like a million bucks. Clean AF!

I'm not sure how I feel about the hybrids. EVs seem to have some issues and I would prefer to give it some years to see if they'll get the bugs worked out. Having to replace batteries carries a hefty price tag, and I'm unclear how the hybrids stack up there too.

That U8 drips curb appeal though.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Propaganda tends to do that....
    This is sexy. It may or may not be an AI-generated image, but it is sexy AF!
    1000002460.jpg

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    This is sexy. It may or may not be an AI-generated image, but it is sexy AF!
    View attachment 172513
    I'm probably alone in this (not unusual), but when I see that I think 2 things reflexively - 1) that person has a note that they are a slave to because very few people I know don't and 2) that thing that hey are a slave to is a giant electronic tracking device used for showing off to the neighbors and occasional transportation until a wire shorts. But at least its sexy AF as you still sit on the side of the road.

That said, China has been awesome for years at building low-value added stuff using the brute force of population. They are generally terrible at anything high-value added (think electronics smarter than a toaster). They (and wikipedia for that matter) are also one of the world's finest propaganda machines and can build a very few of anything. What they have never been able to do is build high-value added stuff at scale. I doubt that hey figured that out yet. So I wouldn't worry about actually seeing one of those on the side of the road here.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm probably alone in this (not unusual), but when I see that I think 2 things reflexively - 1) that person has a note that they are a slave to because very few people I know don't and 2) that thing that hey are a slave to is a giant electronic tracking device used for showing off to the neighbors and occasional transportation until a wire shorts. But at least its sexy AF as you still sit on the side of the road.

That said, China has been awesome for years at building low-value added stuff using the brute force of population. They are generally terrible at anything high-value added (think electronics smarter than a toaster). They (and wikipedia for that matter) are also one of the world's finest propaganda machines and can build a very few of anything. What they have never been able to do is build high-value added stuff at scale. I doubt that hey figured that out yet. So I wouldn't worry about actually seeing one of those on the side of the road here.
    If anybody finds a car, gun, etc..etc..'' sexy"...

they need to get out more :ghey:

That machine is definitely sexy. Like a good-looking woman, no one knows how reliable it will be. I will not be buying one of those YangWangs, but at $150,000+ the U8 is still cheaper than most women.

Some Range Rovers - sexy
    G-Wagons - sexy
    Some Lexus - sexy
    Some Benz - sexy
    Some BMW - sexy

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Its over 1000hp, does tank turns, floats & is designed to operate in water for short times…and 0-60 in 3.6sec.

If vehicles could be sexy it would be.

I’ll take roll up windows & low tech any time, but a ride like that would be amazingly fun! It’s pretty good off-road too.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    That machine is definitely sexy. Like a good-looking woman, no one knows how reliable it will be.
    Sexy??? It looks like rounded off legos. I’m watching vintage racing with Jaguar D & E types, Cobras, GT-40s & more. Those are Sexy!
    The technology used probably came from Tesla for free or was stolen from another ev mfg. so if the real world U8 turns out to be a pos, who is the customer going to complain to, the ccp?

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I see a kinda Bronco or if a Bronco II or a modern Scout II. We can't have this because someone somehow will switch to tank steer at 80 MPH and that would be the end. I think that anyone in a moving current with no real means of propulsion or directional control will "float" down stream for an undetermined time. 2cents

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Sexy??? It looks like rounded off legos. I’m watching vintage racing with Jaguar D & E types, Cobras, GT-40s & more. Those are Sexy!
    The technology used probably came from Tesla for free or was stolen from another ev mfg. so if the real world U8 turns out to be a pos, who is the customer going to complain to, the ccp?
    I agree. I'm not interested in buying one of the U8s.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm just pondering the idea of a 2024 GX. At $65k-$85k the GX is a far cry from the U8's $150k price tag (not that I'd buy a U8. I just commented on its appearance).

Refusing to be impulsive, I'll chew on the idea of a '24-'25 GX for a while.

Top Bottom