American Exceptionalism...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm used truck/suv shopping, and no American companies are on my list. Subaru is made in the USA but they are better than the rest...still have issues, not sure if the mechanical issued have to do with assembly.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    As far as turbo motors go, Toyota does not have any sort of long term commitment/experience to making turbo motors. Yes they have pivoted recently into the turbo motor market, and will likely have to go through a few generations of designs and tweaks to get then to be reliable. No turbo is going to last 300k miles, especially the way the current turbo designs are employed, with the way they are vectoring the exhaust gas to spool the turbo and all of the other tweaks. The wastegate bushing will wear, the bearings will wear, just having all of the connections will promote leaks, etc. I'm not knocking turbo motors, but they require more effort to make and they are subject to higher stress, thus they will have a shorter life.

The ride quality of all of the older toyotas was crap. I drove soooooo many of those 2000 model 4 runners, and they felt like they had square tires compared to a real truck. This does affect the midsize truck market across the board, all of the little trucks, colorado, dakota, etc were rough. Cant make them handle a load or tow well compared to a full size truck. And the cramped interiors were another issue...

Yet again, JD power ranks trucks based on owner reports. Moist people that spend money on something, especially a bunch of money, want their purchased to be seen as good, so they tell themselves that. Not a great way to get un-biased data. I don't doubt that Toyota makes good vehicles, certainly better than GM, which is the worst. Well maybe Dodge is worse, but GM is always innovating to make a crappier product.
    You have absolute right to your opinion but I have more than enough experience with both to draw my own conclusion.

If you choose to exhault American-made vehicles, that's your choice. American manufacturers need to step their game up before I spend my hard-earned money (again) on their bottom-of-the-barrel vehicles.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm used truck/suv shopping, and no American companies are on my list. Subaru is made in the USA but they are better than the rest...still have issues, not sure if the mechanical issued have to do with assembly.
    Every make has issues. Every man-made object will see problems. There is nothing on this planet that's made by human hands that is perfect.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Check this out. This morning I went for a drive around town about 1000 to get out the house and see whats goin on. 4 or 5 cars with fed gov plates front and back by the courthouse building/prisoner holding area on Thomas. They are driving new Subarus.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mattland04
    Top Bottom