Amico Generators any good

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I have a Briggs and Stratton model, and it works to keep the lights on during power outages, but you should be aware that these gas generators create a modified sine wave that damages electronics - like the ones in your refrigerator, your television, your radio, your air conditioner, your gas range, your $16 coffee maker, and the list goes on.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I have a Briggs and Stratton model, and it works to keep the lights on during power outages, but you should be aware that these gas generators create a modified sine wave that damages electronics - like the ones in your refrigerator, your television, your radio, your air conditioner, your gas range, your $16 coffee maker, and the list goes on.

Correct. I ran a UPS for my house after gustov and the ups switched on and off every 3 seconds. The power was that 'dirty'

Fried 2 TV's and a window unit

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Correct. I ran a UPS for my house after gustov and the ups switched on and off every 3 seconds. The power was that 'dirty'

Fried 2 TV's and a window unit

I probably shouldn't say it, and might burn me next time I use it lol. My fridge electronics did fine on my generac portable gas unit. Didn't run TV. Only ran two fridges (one isn't electronic), small ac, phone chargers and stuff.

Top Bottom