Amite USPSA - November 25,2012

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    Last weekend Robert said the match was on for tomorrow, but I haven't gotten the usual email notification.

Confirmation please.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA

Surprisingly small crowd yesterday (35 I think). Not sure if it was Thanksgiving or the cold weather, but it was nice to be done shooting before noon. Great stages as always.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Maybe because nobody ever posts announcements ahead of time. How are we supposed to know about the match or let others know if nobody ever posts anything? Email list? What email?
    I was at a meeting a couple of weeks ago in Amite with ~16 people from the Amite/Franklinton area. Several of them are interested in events like this. I have over 800 people on the LOCAL Facebook wall, again, many from the Northshore area, who would probably show up if we gave them a heads up. I know at least 2 of the people who showed up at the last EAPS match were a direct result of posts I put on the LOCAL Facebook wall and forum. If you want it to be just a private Clique thing, cool. If you want others to discover the sport and participate, POST THE ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Last edited:

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Most all matches are posted on here in their own thread as we'll as being on the bayoushooter.com calendar. Also the section website www.lagator.org has all of the club announcements and match info. Some of the clubs have their own websites as well.

That being said, I agree with you about people not knowing about the matches. I just found out about them and started shooting them about a year and a half ago and I have lived within 20-30 min of a match my entire life. Would have probably started many years ago if I had known.

They're not hard to find if you look and certainly not intentionally kept secret.

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    We had new shooters yesterday, not to mention the large crowd of new shooters that have started coming to the IDPA match. TPS is far from a private clique... I was surprised by how large the membership was, seeing the number of member cards they had printed up.

That said, I know the club leadership is working on more ways to get the word out. If you have ideas, let them know.

Top Bottom