Ammo companies causing this shortage?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Pretty interesting. Apparently an employee came out with proof that the manufacturers are withholding ammo. I’ll say that I don’t like it but from a business standpoint can absolutely see why these decisions would be made. What’s your take?

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    If I shot a 50 round box of ammunition daily and did not purchase any more I would run out in about 24 months.
    The bad part is I bought most of mine after ammunition was hard to find and the price had increased.
    I got my first rifle a month before sandy hook happened. Shot it a few times, had a few extra mags. After sandy hook, I remember I couldn’t find mags or ammo anywhere if my life depended on it. Rifle became a living room ornament. It was a bad time to become a gun enthusiast. Was like “at least I was able to get the rifle and a few mags”

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If I shot a 50 round box of ammunition daily and did not purchase any more I would run out in about 24 months.
    The bad part is I bought most of mine after ammunition was hard to find and the price had increased.
    That’s a lot of I’m assuming 9mm? What about 5.56 or 7.62 or 308? Just curious as I see this current fiasco not affecting 9mm much at all right now.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Having typed the above.....
    I am sure some of you learned this when you lost your guns in the boating accident you claim you had. And also what ammo you were able to save got wet and was tossed out too.
    The only boat I ever owned was a Gravy Boat.
    images.jpeg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I don't own a boat now, but all my stuff got ruined during the Great Watson flood of 2016! lol

When I got up from bed that night to see what the airboats were doing I was almost up to my knees in water.
    Air boats said last trip in and we left with a change of underclothes in a bag. I dropped my flood insurance the year before the flood after paying my last house note. It was several days before I returned and someone had broken in and cleaned me out.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I've pretty much stopped shooting like I used to. I've got some ammo, but not enough IMO. I wish I'd learned to reload and had purchased the gear and primers etc..

All I can say is "The Bastards!"
    I kinda need to cut back and stop treating my range sessions like bullet buffets. I just hate running out of ammo when I’m not ready to leave yet. It is getting expensive

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I kinda need to cut back and stop treating my range sessions like bullet buffets. I just hate running out of ammo when I’m not ready to leave yet. It is getting expensive
    To conserve ammo, I use to only bring loaded mags with me and no loose ammo to reload them with. When I was out that's it! It helped me cut back my ammo usage tremendously! From 300-400 rds 223 to around 200 rds. Of course I had plenty of mags too! LOL

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I got my first rifle a month before sandy hook happened. Shot it a few times, had a few extra mags. After sandy hook, I remember I couldn’t find mags or ammo anywhere if my life depended on it. Rifle became a living room ornament. It was a bad time to become a gun enthusiast. Was like “at least I was able to get the rifle and a few mags”

I remember feeling like that when Clinton was elected.

Top Bottom